Possible stuck Chick in hatching eggs

Knighstar679

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Seneca Falls, NY
Tonight I did a candle to see what was going on with my little eggs. I have 4 that I thought were trying to internally pip for about 5 days now and one that I thought pipped internally Saturday night. Tonight I candled not a lot of movement in them but some in three that looked promising the one I thought did a pip on Saturday is now barely moving. It is also the one with the wonky Air cell. So I am not sure if it is going to need assistance or not as this egg has this strange u shaped air cell, and the chick is barely moving in it now.
003.JPG

Two of the eggs that have movement in them are pecking away at the shell tonight when i tapped on the shell which got me super excited. Their air cells look more normal compared to what I have seen from others.
002.JPG 004.JPG

I could use a little advice on my wonky guy, if he pipped on Saturday and hasnt made it out yet is it to late to Safety hole and save him?

One safety hole made at the top of the the egg I wasn't sure where to put it so i put it in the place where I was least likely to do any damage. Applied coconut oil to it and put it back in the incubator for right now. I wasn't sure I should break more of the shell away to start with being as I am just starting on this. Though I am 90 percent sure this one internal pipped Saturday night and just is in a odd position from the air cell shape.
012.JPG

He now has air so do your best to leave them alone. My duck eggs have taken 48 hours to hatch. Hatching takes a lot of energy so they often rest (and don’t move). Best advice I have gotten on here was to sit on my hands and wait. It is really hard to wait but I have done more harm trying to help hurry things along. I hope all goes well. Keep us posted!

I broke away the top part of the air cell to moisten the membrane and found it was almost white looking. So I broke away a bit of the shell a bit more to give it some much needed moisture and saw a leg instead of a head. So I am hoping it will be ok. I have just been checking for moisture on the membrane and making sure that looks moist now.

6CE2D5D8-6474-49FB-AB1C-B0AA06779F75.jpeg

Hopefully that will be enough for him to finish on his own but I am not sure what it means if he is upside down.

Going to give home several hours of just being moist in the bator see how he goes. He is still kicking about some but doesn’t look like he can move much at all with how he sits in the membrane.

I have three more working on hatching two have been pecking away since last night. The other one has a lot more movement than the one that passed had, so I feel better about leaving them alone. I am just a bit worried about them wrapping into the egg once they externally pip even with humidity close to 60-70 percentage. But they might not have any problem.

Back
Top Bottom