possibly bear, raccoon, or coyote?

ChickenLover200

Crowing
8 Years
May 10, 2013
I'll be in the barn!
so this morning me and my brother go to take care of the chickens and we see these paw prints and there are big dug up holes underneath the coop we have never had problems with predators before but now this i am attaching some pictures of some things we saw around the coop... you will probably have to click on the pics to make them larger... could be a fox too any suggestions to keep predators away? do you guys have any ideas what kind of animal this could be? oh and a few days ago in the morning my dad said that the man door to the coop was cracked open an inch and all the doors were shut completely the night before

Above: the grass pressed down like an animal or person walked on it this is behind the coop the predator was in front of the coop and then went under it and dug some holes then made its way between both of our coops and the tracks disappeared

paw print looking holes in the dirt in front of the coop

another paw print looking track in front of the coop

the grass smashed down behind the coop like something or someone walked on it :D

under the coop there are multiple dug up holes in the shavings underneath
if anyone could help to solve this problem/crime haha that would be great! like i said before we have had no predators before but have seen foxes and heard coyotes around here... i would hate to find one of my sweet girls or boys gone from one of these predators... :(

Back
Top Bottom