Possibly E. Coli or salmonella?

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
Hey guys so a friend of mine is looking to rehome a special needs chicken, and I seriously looked into getting her, but just this morning her owner said her poop smells like rotten eggs sometimes. This immediately made me concerned. The chickens name is Luna and she has had some health problems, and her feet don’t lay flat on the ground, and she’s weaker and was with the whole flock but then was separated since she was starved or so the owner said. I’m now beginning to think this is not just a deficiency as I had originally guessed. I’m assuming she lost weight because of a disease? Also, just recently, she told me one of her hens was acting odd and not moving, so she stuck her in the coop, and 2 minutes later she was dead. So at this point, I’m telling myself a big no on getting this hen, but what do y’all think?

Attachments

• 46C21DD4-8CA5-46B1-857F-926F5FA5644F.jpeg
    46C21DD4-8CA5-46B1-857F-926F5FA5644F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Yeah. The think the owners might not know a ton so I will try to help them a bit. I’m supposed to go over there for a barbaque, I’m afraid of bringing back a disease, how do I be sure I don’t? Immediately change, wash clothes, shower, and disinfect shoes and not use them in home coop for a while?

Yeah. The think the owners might not know a ton so I will try to help them a bit. I’m supposed to go over there for a barbaque, I’m afraid of bringing back a disease, how do I be sure I don’t? Immediately change, wash clothes, shower, and disinfect shoes and not use them in home coop for a while?
All the above is a very good idea to help prevent bringing something to your flock.

I just wanted to update by saying the bird was culled. I personally think it was probably best. When I went for the barbaque I looked over their other birds quickly and they all looked healthy from what I could see. Hopefully it wasn’t anything contagious to the flock.

Back
Top Bottom