Possibly NOT silkies???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Momma_Cluck, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    [​IMG] ??
    Allways thought these were silkies-- but aren't as "poofy" and fluffy as the pictures we see on-line...
    are they maybe a cross? Thought MAYBE "Sizzles"??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Chances are... the ones you are seeing online and falling in love with are show quality Silkies [​IMG] Hatchery Silkies and even some private bred Silkies don't get as fluffy as those really nice ones... but... I have a hatchery Silkie and I love him just the same! [​IMG] And he is growing into a pretty handsome fella [​IMG]

edited to add....... and they may just be in that awkward stage... give them time [​IMG] They might surprise you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Yes...What Guitarists said... I have one 4 wks old just now getting it's fluffy bloomers(looks like them to me on the legs) and it's feathers are just now starting to come in as well...It is a little late starting compared to the others but thats okay.

Oh yeah and my partridge silkie now almost 4 months old just got her top knot fully a month ago...THought she was a roo for a long time. Wish I had before and after pics of her...didn't think she'd ever get her topknot. She still doesn't have full bloomers either. So don't give up on them yet. Their are soo cute by the way.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Here's my Charli.... I think he's a handsome guy! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yes I agree with above post, I have A trio and my black pullet doesnt have as big a crest on her head as the other two, so I think it just varies with pet quality types.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by