Possibly pregnant bunny

KristianHites

Hatching
Aug 18, 2022
I have a bunny that was given to me and she was with a intact male. I was told by the person that gave her to me that the male was mounting her every day. I’ve had her for 3 weeks now and her temperament is getting weird. She don’t like being touched or around the other bunnies and she’s coming up onto the bed and peeing on me. Does anyone have any thoughts on if she is pregnant or not

If she lived with a male, than you can be 90% sure that she's pregnant.
Has she got somewhere nice and cosy to nest in?
And welcome to BYC!
She took some of my clothes and is up under a chair. Her nest is huge that she made. Thank you very much for the warm welcome. The thing is I’m not sure when she will pop out the babies though cuz she’s been with me for about 3 weeks now and just seems to be getting bigger.

Welcome to BYC!

A rabbits gestation period is about 4 weeks. Have you noticed any fur pulling yet? She'll normally pull fur to make her nest a few days before giving birth.

What are the genders of your other bunnies?

Welcome to BYC!

A rabbits gestation period is about 4 weeks. Have you noticed any fur pulling yet? She'll normally pull fur to make her nest a few days before giving birth.

What are the genders of your other bunnies?
I have two males and three females. I lost the male that bred her though. I have seen piles of hair everywhere.

Welcome to BYC!

She most likely is pregnant. What is her setup like? I would separate her from any other rabbits and keep her in a playpen as she gets closer to giving birth. I would also provide a nest box for her to use is she choses.
It will be good to have alfalfa hay and pellets ready. You can offer both free choice to the mother while she is pregnant and lactating, and to the babies once they're born.

Are your other rabbits fixed?

Welcome to BYC!

She most likely is pregnant. What is her setup like? I would separate her from any other rabbits and keep her in a playpen as she gets closer to giving birth. I would also provide a nest box for her to use is she choses.
It will be good to have alfalfa hay and pellets ready. You can offer both free choice to the mother while she is pregnant and lactating, and to the babies once they're born.

Are your other rabbits fixed?
My other rabbits are not fixed I am starting to breed but I didn’t want to start this early. Her setup it mainly free reign of my bedroom the other bunnies are in a separate part of the room so they can’t get close to her cuz she’s been getting mean with them. I have tried to give her a nest box but she just took everything out of it and took it to where she made her new nest. I have the pellets for her she eats quite a bit more than the other rabbits do and I will be getting hay this week. I would have had it sooner but was waiting for it to be shipped to me.

She took some of my clothes and is up under a chair. Her nest is huge that she made. Thank you very much for the warm welcome. The thing is I’m not sure when she will pop out the babies though cuz she’s been with me for about 3 weeks now and just seems to be getting bigger.
I think if she's busy nesting, then it probably won't be very long!
As you haven't got a definite date that she was bread, all you can do is keep an eye on her.

I'd move the nest box to wherever she is making the nest. Best just to compromise. Make sure the box is tall enough that the babies can't crawl out, but mom can hop in. If a baby accidently clambers out it wouldn't be long before it gets too cold.

A typical litter consists of around 6-10kits. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but around this number. Hopefully you are prepared to have this many bunnies.

Please keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom