Possibly sour crop?

Bossmode

Songster
Aug 5, 2019
British Columbia
Hi chicken lovers,

I have an issue with one of my older hens. We had a week of extreme temperatures here in Canada 108 Fahrenheit, (42° degree celcius) and thought my chicken had heat stroke as she appeared tired with a crooked comb and liquid coming from her mouth.

I brought her inside infront of the AC and she seemed better after a day, but still not digesting food very well. I brought her in and out of the house throughout a couple times and everytime when I picked her up she had liquid coming from her mouth still. So something has been seriously wrong.

I been doing alot of research yesterday and figured she might have sour crop instead. I made a solution of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder and gave it to her via syringe slowly. I massaged her crop and held her at a 45 degree angle and alot of brown mass came from her beak yesterday, I did the same thing today but no more thick gooey stuff, barely any liquid even when turned upside down.
Her poo is very watery, nothing seems digested and she seems pretty lethargic today.
She has yoghurt, water with apple cider vinegar, cooked egg and was eating fine today, but unsure if she can digest it. She seems weak and has issues holding balance on her feet but still perky enough to eat.

Been 4 days since I first noticed the fluid from her mouth, can she recover, or anything else I can do?

Back
Top Bottom