Possum attack, bit chicken's wing and might of broken it, do I need to kill my chicken ?

connor97

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
Huntington Beach, California
Last night a possum got in and bit my hen on the wing. It wasnt bleeding much, but it is a pretty big bite mark. I cannot tell yet, but I think her wing may also be broken now. What do you honestly think I should do, put her out of her misery (which she doesnt seem to be in, she is eating, drinking, and walking, and is also broody right now, and went right back to her nest after I put antibotic cream on it) or continue to put meds on and take my chances. Also what should I do with her wing if it is broken?
Thanks !

I wouldnt kill her if shes not showing any sign of pain ...if i was you i would clean it out then pack the wound full of bettadine and antibiotic powder or something similar i use it on my hen when she got attacked by a english bullterrier ...it but a chunk under her wing and i could see the bone .i put the bettadine and antibiotic powder on it before it got infected and i had no problems it healed perfectly
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom