Possum Attacked my D'Uccle (wound pictures)

If her wounds are scabbing over, I would probably just do the antibiotic ointment. I could be wrong, but I think hunger is a good sign. If she is still hungry, I would feed her more. Egg can sustain her for quitecawhile, as I understand it. You are doing a great job with her. Keep it up. I am rooting for her!

Thank you!

I wanted to upload a video of her, but couldn't on my phone. She is doing well, now named Lucky, and has been moving about her "container" in the house well. She is eating and drinking by syringe, water and egg, and I will try a feed slurry tomorrow. Still washing, warm compress and triple antibiotic cream. Her eye that is really swollen is actually opening now and her other eye is much less inflamed. Other wounds looking good and her movement and behavior today has me really hopefull!

Attachments

• 20181117_172039.jpg
    20181117_172039.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20181117_173859.jpg
    20181117_173859.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20181117_173909.jpg
    20181117_173909.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 11
Wonderful news! Great job! Is her beak always open? I think she's hungry. Can you syringe her some egg yolk?

Her beak isn't always open, but I had just gotten done feeding her egg yolk and white and water to drink too. I've been using the syringe and she had a combo of all 3 probably filling a full medicine syringe (I do that each feeding a few times a day and then water in between too). I'm afraid to overfeed or accidentally get anything in her lungs. When she slows down her "baby bird asking", I take that to mean she is getting full. I give her mouth and neck a wash after to get any egg that dripped and keep her wrapped in the towel for a bit to keep her warm. She is pooping normally and sleeping well, curling her head into the back of her neck like she usually does in the coop. Thoughts?

Her beak isn't always open, but I had just gotten done feeding her egg yolk and white and water to drink too. I've been using the syringe and she had a combo of all 3 probably filling a full medicine syringe (I do that each feeding a few times a day and then water in between too). I'm afraid to overfeed or accidentally get anything in her lungs. When she slows down her "baby bird asking", I take that to mean she is getting full. I give her mouth and neck a wash after to get any egg that dripped and keep her wrapped in the towel for a bit to keep her warm. She is pooping normally and sleeping well, curling her head into the back of her neck like she usually does in the coop. Thoughts?
Oh, good! Yes, I agree if she slows down the baby bird gaping beak, she is filling up. You can always measure how much she gets to keep track. If you really want to know, you can weigh her each day, but I suspect she is going to recover. :)

Back
Top Bottom