Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Welcome to BYC! Feel free to join in the conversation anytime. I have Lavender Orpingtons but I used to have Buff Orps. I love them for many reasons. Kind of got my eye on Blue Orps now. I keep my flock separate from each breed. I have Black Copper Maran chicks that I recently got and somehow will just keep adding pens. I really enjoy having chickens and it is relaxing to just sit and watch them. Good luck with your chickens. I have English blues... and love them dearly... Just got some English Buffs and Jubilees this week :)
That pic of your avitar is nice. Is that your roo? I am slowly but surely expanding my pens. It is very important to me to have them a secure place to live so it is slow going. Hopefully in the near future.

Welcome to BYC! Feel free to join in the conversation anytime. I have Lavender Orpingtons but I used to have Buff Orps. I love them for many reasons. Kind of got my eye on Blue Orps now. I keep my flock separate from each breed. I have Black Copper Maran chicks that I recently got and somehow will just keep adding pens. I really enjoy having chickens and it is relaxing to just sit and watch them. Good luck with your chickens.
Thanks! I can't wait to watch my little buttery colored chicks grow into big fluffy butts. I look forward to seeing their personalities emerge.

That pic of your avitar is nice. Is that your roo? I am slowly but surely expanding my pens. It is very important to me to have them a secure place to live so it is slow going. Hopefully in the near future.

Yep... that is Levi :) .. You can see pics posted on my facebook page. :) and yes.. making them a safe place should be very high on your list of things to do before getting any.

thank you :)

He looks good to me so far. Nice round chest, tail angle seems correct and his color over all is nice. 4 months old s a baby still, give him another 4 months and he should be very handsome.

Last edited:
My BO chicks are kind of skittish. They are a little over a week old. I am trying to handle them daily, moderately but still handle them. Is there something else I can be doing to help them be a little less skittish? I have 2 Marans chicks- same age- and they are just calm as can be. All the chicks were gotten from a good breeder so I was expecting the Orps to be especially calm. LOL They are def bigger than the Marans though!

My BO chicks are kind of skittish. They are a little over a week old. I am trying to handle them daily, moderately but still handle them. Is there something else I can be doing to help them be a little less skittish? I have 2 Marans chicks- same age- and they are just calm as can be. All the chicks were gotten from a good breeder so I was expecting the Orps to be especially calm. LOL They are def bigger than the Marans though!

Hand feeding them treats is a great way to make them less skittish! Around 2.5-3 weeks was when my girls finally figured out that meal worms weren't an evil enemy out to kill them, but a treat...and a YUMMY treat at that! Before then, definitely handle them daily and that's about it. The longer they're with you the more they'll attach to you :)

Back
Top Bottom