Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

I have three Orpington hens, Harriet, Henrietta and Steve. My younger brother got Harriet over five years ago among a set of ten pullets, and stopped looking after his remaining seven girls last year, and the flock was falling apart, becoming sick and broody, not going to bed at night, and walking over our makeshift bridge to scavenge for scraps at the house. I took them on, and sorted the girls out with a firm hand. Then earlier this year I purchased a set of seven chickens from a woman online, this included another black Orpington hen, along with a blue one. I just adore the noises the girls make and their curious kind nature.

This is Harriet, she's a big girl, with gorgeous eyes. She likes to hang around with her light Sussex, Barnevelder, Dorking and Rhode Island Red Friends. Never had a problem with Harriet, she's a gorgeous girl, although she can get a bit broody when she is laying :p

And this is Stevie (blue Orpington) and Henrietta (black) along with Wanda the Wyandotte. Henry was molting around her head when this photo was taken, as you can see by the whiteness around her head (through the crappy quality iPod photo). Stevie has a benign tumor under her vent, that I finally went to the vet about a few weeks ago. It had been bothering me for about a month before I got it checked out. Thankfully it's not really bothering her, nor is it painful to the touch. She also has a skin infection on her underside that I treated her for with cream. It didn't help it very much sadly, and she's only now slowly beginning to trust me a bit again. Poor Stevie.

Haven't seen any eggs from my new Orpingtons yet, and it's been a while since Harriet last layed, due to the fact we're coming into winter, and she's starting to get up there in terms of years, but I love my Orpingtons anyway! They are gorgeous fluffy birds, I'd certainly love to have more variation in colour, but I guess its not to be
idunno.gif

I have three Orpington hens, Harriet, Henrietta and Steve. My younger brother got Harriet over five years ago among a set of ten pullets, and stopped looking after his remaining seven girls last year, and the flock was falling apart, becoming sick and broody, not going to bed at night, and walking over our makeshift bridge to scavenge for scraps at the house. I took them on, and sorted the girls out with a firm hand. Then earlier this year I purchased a set of seven chickens from a woman online, this included another black Orpington hen, along with a blue one. I just adore the noises the girls make and their curious kind nature. This is Harriet, she's a big girl, with gorgeous eyes. She likes to hang around with her light Sussex, Barnevelder, Dorking and Rhode Island Red Friends. Never had a problem with Harriet, she's a gorgeous girl, although she can get a bit broody when she is laying :p And this is Stevie (blue Orpington) and Henrietta (black) along with Wanda the Wyandotte. Henry was molting around her head when this photo was taken, as you can see by the whiteness around her head (through the crappy quality iPod photo). Stevie has a benign tumor under her vent, that I finally went to the vet about a few weeks ago. It had been bothering me for about a month before I got it checked out. Thankfully it's not really bothering her, nor is it painful to the touch. She also has a skin infection on her underside that I treated her for with cream. It didn't help it very much sadly, and she's only now slowly beginning to trust me a bit again. Poor Stevie. Haven't seen any eggs from my new Orpingtons yet, and it's been a while since Harriet last layed, due to the fact we're coming into winter, and she's starting to get up there in terms of years, but I love my Orpingtons anyway! They are gorgeous fluffy birds, I'd certainly love to have more variation in colour, but I guess its not to be
idunno.gif
They are lovely!

I have three Orpington hens, Harriet, Henrietta and Steve. My younger brother got Harriet over five years ago among a set of ten pullets, and stopped looking after his remaining seven girls last year, and the flock was falling apart, becoming sick and broody, not going to bed at night, and walking over our makeshift bridge to scavenge for scraps at the house. I took them on, and sorted the girls out with a firm hand. Then earlier this year I purchased a set of seven chickens from a woman online, this included another black Orpington hen, along with a blue one. I just adore the noises the girls make and their curious kind nature.

This is Harriet, she's a big girl, with gorgeous eyes. She likes to hang around with her light Sussex, Barnevelder, Dorking and Rhode Island Red Friends. Never had a problem with Harriet, she's a gorgeous girl, although she can get a bit broody when she is laying :p

And this is Stevie (blue Orpington) and Henrietta (black) along with Wanda the Wyandotte. Henry was molting around her head when this photo was taken, as you can see by the whiteness around her head (through the crappy quality iPod photo). Stevie has a benign tumor under her vent, that I finally went to the vet about a few weeks ago. It had been bothering me for about a month before I got it checked out. Thankfully it's not really bothering her, nor is it painful to the touch. She also has a skin infection on her underside that I treated her for with cream. It didn't help it very much sadly, and she's only now slowly beginning to trust me a bit again. Poor Stevie.

Haven't seen any eggs from my new Orpingtons yet, and it's been a while since Harriet last layed, due to the fact we're coming into winter, and she's starting to get up there in terms of years, but I love my Orpingtons anyway! They are gorgeous fluffy birds, I'd certainly love to have more variation in colour, but I guess its not to be
idunno.gif
How wonderful that you now havethose birds ! You might try a cream that is used for ladies' yeast infections on Stevie. I use Monostat which works very well, and be sure to dust for mites too.

Samanthalouise, that is a great story, that you took care of them properly...they are so rewarding.. and that is an amazing backdrop in your photos..Is that in US? trying to figure out that fence line..beautiful

Samanthalouise, that is a great story, that you took care of them properly...they are so rewarding.. and that is an amazing backdrop in your photos..Is that in US? trying to figure out that fence line..beautiful
I'm thinking hedgerows, plus the birds, maybe UK?

Back
Top Bottom