Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

I know everyone on here like to see pictures of everyone's birds. I hope you like prince William. He is a juvenile spangle/mottled orpington roo. He is already huge so I can't imagine how big he will end up. I hope he is as docile as he is right now or I will be sneaking in to feed.
[/IMG]

I know everyone on here like to see pictures of everyone's birds. I hope you like prince William. He is a juvenile spangle/mottled orpington roo. He is already huge so I can't imagine how big he will end up. I hope he is as docile as he is right now or I will be sneaking in to feed.
[/URL]

Awesome!!! I am trying to decide between the mottled or the silver Orps next....

Unfortunately, Lavenders, or self blues, are not recognized. Look up the color descriptions for Blue, and Self blue, in the APA Standard of Perfection.

I didn't say lavender was recognized by the APA, I was giving a "leg up" in finding more information on lavenders. To me it is easier the more terms used by different organizations, etc. :0

[/URL]

He is pretty. I think they are beautiful birds but I am confused on Spangled Orps and Mottled Orps. Is the term spangled and mottled interchangeable? And are these referred to as a "project" color or has the color been fully developed and just waiting to gain entry to be shown? These are very new to me and I can't seem to find very much information on them.

My very minimal understanding of the mottling gene is it restricts pigment from moving to the tips of the feather thus producing a bird with a base color on the feather (example black) with a non pigmented feather tip (appearing white). Also if the bird carries only one mottling gene it will appear mottled until it molts then no longer appear mottled but if it carries 2 copies of the gene it becomes more mottled with each molt. So you would have to cross 2 birds with both of them carrying 2 mottling genes to breed true mottled Orps?

Thanks for any information.

Dear Dragonlady,

I took couple of black & white photos of my mature girls so to compare their silhouette to the photos of your birds. While viewing your photos, I saw the Japanese Rooster Tapestry, and my oh my! it is gorgeous!! The expressions of their faces illustrates the personalities so vividly, and the movement of their feathers brings them to life. It is exquisite.....

It looks like quite a large format, and old in age. I sat here for the longest time studying each detail. What a fine work of art......

Lual

Dear Dragonlady,

I took couple of black & white photos of my mature girls so to compare their silhouette to the photos of your birds. While viewing your photos, I saw the Japanese Rooster Tapestry, and my oh my! it is gorgeous!! The expressions of their faces illustrates the personalities so vividly, and the movement of their feathers brings them to life. It is exquisite.....

It looks like quite a large format, and old in age. I sat here for the longest time studying each detail. What a fine work of art......

Lual
Love to see that Lual

Back
Top Bottom