Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

In my experience, Cochins are v-e-r-y slow to mature, so it's hard to tell, but my guess would be that they are standards.

Cute chicky

Here's Pretty Boy, 14 wk SLW cockerel im going to use for breeding to my GLW and SLW hens. Also some of my 8 wk old cochins, their suppose to be full size but im not sure they look awfully small. If anyone knows if they look the right size chime in please.

I have a GLW roo named pretty boy too!

Last edited:
Cute chicky

Here's Pretty Boy, 14 wk SLW cockerel im going to use for breeding to my GLW and SLW hens. Also some of my 8 wk old cochins, their suppose to be full size but im not sure they look awfully small. If anyone knows if they look the right size chime in please.
The cochines look normal to me. I have noticed the different colors grow at different rates but they are no bigger than the others at that age. Mine are about 14 weeks now and they are starting to outpace the others, except for the brahmas!

The cochines look normal to me. I have noticed the different colors grow at different rates but they are no bigger than the others at that age. Mine are about 14 weeks now and they are starting to outpace the others, except for the brahmas!
Thank you for taking the time to comment. They are growing much faster now ;

Back
Top Bottom