Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

HamEggCheese, you sound a lot like me when I first started over 3 years ago. Great stuff! You're gonna love raising those chicks! You're on the right track! Most folks start their chicks in the basement. I just moved out my incubated hatch a few weeks ago to the grow-out coop. VERY cold up here in Canada lately. They are very hardy & have 2 heat lamps & a daylight lamp. Enjoy your journey!

Chambertin, yeah, love IT Crowd too. My brother-in-law got us going on that one too! Vicki character so hilarious! No but, yeah but,....Lol! I haven't heard of Extras, can you tell me about it? Wonder if I can get it on Netflix? Cute little chickie!

windandraine, yep. Looks like a little roo! Cute! A bantam it seems?

Ok, here's my contribution. Can't wait for my new chicks to hatch Easter! Folks going to get sick of looking at these 7 1/2 weeks old mutts, lol!

Here's my first chickies ever! Two 4 wk old Gold Sexlinks and two 3 wk old Black Sexlinks. I think the golds are from the same cross, but the blacks are the two common versions of SL's-- one is deep black with a blue/green sheen to her feathers and the other has brown barring on her wingtips and is the smallest of the bunch. They're playing in a little 2ft x 4ft mini-run outside in the shade. It's perfect weather here for them during the day in the 70's-80's. They have lots of fun taking dust baths, scratching around looking for bugs and practicing flying.

Chicks here are our first time hatching anything like this. Mom is one of our silkies that went broody, so we gave her 5 eggs to sit on. Oddly enough, none of them were hers. But she hatched out 4 of them. She seems to be filling in the mommy role quite nicely so far.

The chicks are a cross breed. They are either a New Hampshire-Red / GL Wyandott Cross or a Barred Rock / GL Wyandott Cross. We do have 1 GL Wyandott hen, but I don't think any of the eggs in this hatch were hers.

Sorry for the length of the video, I had to put the camera outside and just let it run. The black chicks come out around the 2:50mark.

Back
Top Bottom