Amer. RIR mix

Dark Cornish game RIR mix

Golden sexlink RIR mix

Mystery chick RIR mix

Pure RIR

Amer. RIR mix

My new chick profile pics lol I love it when they are fuzzy
love.gif

I have dark cornish game hens, Barren rocks, Golden sexlinks, 1 RIR hen, Ameraucanas, Black australorp and a mystery hen, then my RIR rooster. :)

I have dark cornish game hens, Barren rocks, Golden sexlinks, 1 RIR hen, Ameraucanas, Black australorp and a mystery hen, then my RIR rooster. :)
lol I was gonna say... I bet you have a Rhode Island roo. XD

At least you know what your roo is. My roo is from a batch of "Rainbow layers", and near as we can figure, he's a white australorp but have no way to know for sure.

Ya I was so into getting as many colorful hens as I could. Just got my Rooster a few months ago. I didnt feel like breeding pure breeds so I just let him in with all my hens. :) He really is a good rooster I love him so sweet. And as you can see works himself OVERTIME lol. I set 18 eggs and 15 made it to lockdown :)

Here is proud daddy lol

Ya I was so into getting as many colorful hens as I could. Just got my Rooster a few months ago. I didnt feel like breeding pure breeds so I just let him in with all my hens. :) He really is a good rooster I love him so sweet. And as you can see works himself OVERTIME lol. I set 18 eggs and 15 made it to lockdown :)

Here is proud daddy lol

he takes better care of the hens backs than herbert does

He's a proud dad also, and somehow ensures egg fertility on ALL the eggs even the one in quarentine
(we still don't know how he does it

RIR Golden sexlink mix Black astrolop RIR mix Amer. RIR mix Pure RIR Amer. RIR mix Dark Cornish game RIR mix Golden sexlink RIR mix Mystery chick RIR mix Pure RIR Amer. RIR mix My new chick profile pics lol I love it when they are fuzzy :love
So you said that the dad was a RIR hmm interesting.. I have RIR X Ameraucana crosses an they are black an white... I think the roo must have been Ameraucana an the hen RIR for me...

Ya I got lucky with him. I have never had a rooster before. My friends parents have owned some and you had to go into the coop/run with a baseball bat. They were super mean. I traded some ducks and geese and the rooster got thrown in. I guess he was suppose to go to the slaughter house but got sick and nursed back to health. So the lady couldnt kill him after that she grew a soft spot for him. He was on the bottom of the pecking order and didnt have any tail feathers when I took him home. I have to say I was waiting for him to mess up didnt trust him at all especially with my 2 and 4 year old kids. But he is the best thing that ever happened to my flock. He watches his ladies very closely and when he lets out a warning everyone runs for cover even my turkeys haha. He is very gentle my hens only miss some feathers here and there on the top of their heads. My friends hens are all bald on their back from their rooster uuggg I dont think I could handle that lol I have noticed when I give him treats he wont eat them he calls the females over and they eat it. Its nice but also frustrating cause it seems like he never gets anything good lol.

Back
Top Bottom