Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

Just checking in before bed! Loving the pics!
Was a great, long day! Got my hatching eggs home safe & sound. I told hubby these eggs qualify as my birthday gift, even though its not until the 23rd this month. ChickenFox, does that make you a Cancer or a Leo, being a July 1st baby?
I so can't wait for these eggs to hatch, but will have to! Saw the parents & holy crap, they were big! You could put a dinner plate on his rooster's back! Awesome birds! G'nite folks!

Happy early birthday! My birthday is two days after yours :D

Just checking in before bed! Loving the pics!
Was a great, long day! Got my hatching eggs home safe & sound. I told hubby these eggs qualify as my birthday gift, even though its not until the 23rd this month. ChickenFox, does that make you a Cancer or a Leo, being a July 1st baby?
I so can't wait for these eggs to hatch, but will have to! Saw the parents & holy crap, they were big! You could put a dinner plate on his rooster's back! Awesome birds! G'nite
folks!

I'm a cancer. :) Good luck with the hatching. I'm curious to see the secret mutts too. Lol

Babies! Eggs started hatching 2 days early.

Butter has the white face, we have no idea what this mix is, but in the last hatch we got one that looks like this but instead of black it is blue. The white one is a White Leghorn/Buff Orpington mix. This is the first with some obvious buff coloring though.

My chickens do that- try to zip tie it down
Put in the water bucket with 4 poultry nipples in the bottom, it took them all of 2.3 seconds to figure it out. Several of my Dominiques were drinking while I was still hanging the bucket up. Everyone came to check it out and drink, guess this is one time where chicken curiousity paid off for good. Now they have several gallons free of poop, litter, feathers, or bugs.

Put in the water bucket with 4 poultry nipples in the bottom, it took them all of 2.3 seconds to figure it out.  Several of my Dominiques were drinking while I was still hanging the bucket up.  Everyone came to check it out and drink, guess this is one time where chicken curiousity paid off for good.  Now they have  several gallons free of poop, litter, feathers, or bugs.
Yep, got my nipple waterer too this spring. It's perfect for my older chicks in grow out coop! Once you show some by putting their beaks to it, the rest follow.

Back
Top Bottom