Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Thank you 3Dchicken. I do not know why, but Leghorns are my favorite breed. My Blacks are even friendly. Some of them let me pick them up and I did not have time to play with them when they were babies. The young ones were rased from broody hen and still are not flighty at all.
My leghorn mix (half production red) was the only chick to hatch out of my previous batch of eggs, and I had to pick her up all the time because she demanded attention! Good thing I hatched her a bud this morning!

I love showing off this picture.
love.gif
I have 7 eggs left in my incubator, and one more has broken the shell. I think this one is a Delaware though. (maybe a Delaware RIR mix)

Our Brown Leghorn is remarkably tame... Here she is competing with our dogs for attention...

And getting her cuddles on.

She adores my husband... and thus has endeared herself to him so much that he has already decided that she will live long past her egg laying years.

Our Brown Leghorn is remarkably tame... Here she is competing with our dogs for attention...

And getting her cuddles on.

She adores my husband... and thus has endeared herself to him so much that he has already decided that she will live long past her egg laying years.
Awwww
love.gif

Another question about the chicks in question they have Green legs not as dark and my ee's but definitely not as orange as the rsl pullets any input?

The Pearl White Leghorns we have all have orangeish/yellowish legs, do yours happen to be cross bread? if they are full White Leghorns and their legs are green it may be a bacteria? Im not entirely sure, maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in..

Last edited:
KB they are sooo cute
love.gif

my leghorn chicks are of your size KB but are 2 months old . why are they growing slow???????

Our leghorns eat a lot and require daily water changes and fill ups because most of the water gets on them rather than them drinking it haha. But we ordered our chicks from murray mcmurray and they have done nothing but eat sence we got them. Do yours eat quite a bit also? We gave then chick starter from TSC n now they are on chick starter and grower. They've out grown 2 different brooders now. Which is the reason we r building the coops.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom