Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
The pen is actually built off of our storage shed and their henhouse is where we used to park "Val," our Honda Valkyrie.
We put in shelves to hold the nesting boxes, which are plastic crates, and small tree trunks for roosts.

Besides Diego and Dora I have three buff orpingtons and three red sex links. The others have no names as yet, I'm still working on telling them apart and consulting with my grandaughter on that.

Not really. I have a community rooster section with 14 roosters. They chase each other here and there. But nothing really in terms of fighting. But then again there's no hens around them either. They may upset your balance of power. LOL

Last edited:
I love Diego, but he is agressive towards my hubby and daughter. I just figured he's still a teenager...not even a year old till Easter(ish). He's never really hurt any one, just jumps up and kinda bumps with his feet, but he's also a sweety who eats from my hand. That's the only way he get treats, since he lets the girls snatch everything away from him.

Last week hubby bought me a new wagon (the Gorilla wagon, it's called), and I load it up twice a month with hay, and twicw a week with garden and weed clipping and lug it into the run. I rake the run while they follow the rake pecking at anything I uncover, then spread out the hay or weeds. He never bothers me except to come see what treats I brought. They all love the wagon and climb all over it whether it's full or empty.

He's only jumped me twice...once when I was silly enough to crow back at him, and once when I spooked a hen and she squawked at me.

How does she look to you guys>>>????.....Her tail wasnt nice and fanned until she hit about 8 months

Back
Top Bottom