Post Pics of your Leghorns

They're probably stress for the change of place, but they will get back on their laying. Do you know their age? With all those eggs I'm sure you will get some males. I'm so happy with my leghorns, I'm you will be with yyours too.!
i was not able to get a picture, we had some car trouble and it turned into a big mess but it is all fixed now. The hens are 23 weeks old so nice and young still, should get a lot more eggs after they settle in. They are getting less flightly already which is nice, i think once i start feeding them mealworms they will settle down way more.

i was not able to get a picture, we had some car trouble and it turned into a big mess but it is all fixed now. The hens are 23 weeks old so nice and young still, should get a lot more eggs after they settle in. They are getting less flightly already which is nice, i think once i start feeding them mealworms they will settle down way more.
For how long were they part of the research? Most of them start laying at 20 weeks old, if thats the case that's also why your not getting that many eggs (that and being stress) thats amazing once they all laid an egg plus 2. Oh well that's nice, another thing, I suggest to clip their wings so they won't be flighty, mine are not calm but i clipped their wings at young age at feed them once a day while i stay with them and grab them once in a while one by one and see they look ok. (Just a little tip.)

For how long were they part of the research? Most of them start laying at 20 weeks old, if thats the case that's also why your not getting that many eggs (that and being stress) thats amazing once they all laid an egg plus 2. Oh well that's nice, another thing, I suggest to clip their wings so they won't be flighty, mine are not calm but i clipped their wings at young age at feed them once a day while i stay with them and grab them once in a while one by one and see they look ok. (Just a little tip.)
Since they were hatched...the last study they were in was the fertile egg study...i dont have the details of all they were studying for that one i just know a big part of it was to see if they laid more/better with roosters..then without. when they were younger they were part of a vaccination study...Then they were used for testing for NPIP training....and beyond that i dont know. Mine are not flightly exactly..as in they do not fly at all not even to get on the perches..they just all run to a corner when you go into the coop as i said they are getting better and it has only been a week. They are also fine and calm once you have them in your hands.

Since they were hatched...the last study they were in was the fertile egg study...i dont have the details of all they were studying for that one i just know a big part of it was to see if they laid more/better with roosters..then without. when they were younger they were part of a vaccination study...Then they were used for testing for NPIP training....and beyond that i dont know. Mine are not flightly exactly..as in they do not fly at all not even to get on the perches..they just all run to a corner when you go into the coop as i said they are getting better and it has only been a week. They are also fine and calm once you have them in your hands.
1f44d.png
good luck

Although I might need to have a talking with misfitmorgan about ownership of the girls, they are settling in quite quickly.

Now if you sit or stand near there feeder it doesn't slow them down.

Turkey(the leghorn) laid her first egg two days ago.
Congrats Peep!!!
You must be new with chickens.
Had chickens/poultry for many years.
Although I might need to have a talking with misfitmorgan about ownership of the girls, they are settling in quite quickly.

Now if you sit or stand near there feeder it doesn't slow them down.
It is shared ownership last i checked lol.....But since your stalking me on here can you take a pic of their cheeks and send it to me pretty please?
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom