Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
72998_img_2724.jpg

Here is my New England Leghorn. She did get a little FB on her comb, but seems to be in good health still. She still hates me just as much as ever.

Quote:
They do pretty well in the cold, you might want to get RC Leghorns instead of SC to help against the cold. I live in central IL and it gets pretty cold here and I didnt have much troubles with my leghorns.

Quote:
LOL...One of mine went broody and she likes me a little better since then! I can get within a foot of her now without her running and screaming!!!
gig.gif

Mine did OK last winter and it was pretty cold here but I did run some heat lamps in the coop during some of the worst nights.

Quote:
they have them in a few hatcheries

I posted pics of mine on page 27, post # 268. I got mine from Murray McMurray. I really need to show them off with updates pics, they're 14 weeks old now, and red in the face. Their rose combs are finally developing the little spikes, and they have cutest wattles. The light brown coloring really shows off the white earlobes.

These birds are not ones to let me pick them up, but they have a nice disposition and will come chirp and trill at me. I really need to get the nest boxes built!

Back
Top Bottom