Post pics of your Polish chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tomato lady, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:4 toes

2. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Songster

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    Sydney might be an appenzeller spitzhauben...

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:Sounds like German...I almost failed German.

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    They do look very much alike she even has the funny comb that looks like two small horns.

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Nice pics. Polish chickens always crack me up. They look like members of a 1980's hair band.[​IMG]

6. Nice. I haven't any Polish at the moment, but I'm thinking of getting some... can anyone tell me the pro's and con's?

7. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:They're really easy to scare or sneak up on because of their fro, and they can't always see well so its a good idea to trim it. They're also very timid around other birds and usually at the bottom of the pecking order. Plus if you have hens the roosters like to pull the fros out. When it rains their fros get all nasty. Thats all I can think of. I love mine though she's really sweet.

8. Debbienmousey

Debbienmousey Songster

I've been admiring the black and gold colored Polish. Do they have a certain breed name? (So I can look them up and see where they're sold)

9. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:Ideal and Mypetchicken sells them. Their just called Golden Laced Polish.

10. Debbienmousey

Debbienmousey Songster

Thank you Emzyyy.

Do the hens have the fros'? I assume they do because someone mentioned it. But I think I've seen pictures of at least pullets with out the fros'.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: