1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Post pictures of your EE's from Meyer hatchery please!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Andora, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I have two mystery chicks from Meyer. Everyone in the breeds and gender ID section thinks they might be EE's. If you have pictures of EE chicks you've gotten from there, could you share?

Did they look anything like this one? She's not bearded or muffed.

[​IMG]

I'm very curious to know what she might look like when feathered out.

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Those legs make me think EE for sure! While EEs are generally beared and muffed, they don't have to be. They can be any assortment of colors (from my understanding). They just have to lay colored eggs. While Ameraucana's and Araucana's are true breeds. EEs are a mix of the above breeds and who knows what else. Great birds and great layers! I looked for pics of mine when they were chicks, but can't find them (they have a lot more gold on them anyway). [​IMG] Sorry!

She is adorable! She will be one beautiful hen!

3. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    EE's happen to be one of my favorite breeds, so I'm a little excited to see what she feathers out to look like! I've never seen an EE with these colors before. And there is the egg color surprise too. I have my fingers crossed for blue eggs.

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Disclaimer--This is NOT my hen, as you can see. But 3 of 5 of my chicks from MMM last year grew up to look like her: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=148858

One
    of the others was black with bright brown feathers on the neck, and the other one is buff.

Interestingly, all of the ones I got this year from Meyer hatchery look like they will be blue.

Erika

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by