Post pictures of your rabbit cages

Wolf-Kim

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
I would like about 4 cages and would like to stack them in some sort of arrangment. The premade stacking kits are fairly pricey, anyone make their own?

-Kim

Honestly, I'm convinced nothing I could build would be as good, stable, or functional as the premade stackers. My preferred manufacturer is KW Cages, but there are a lot of good ones out there.

If you're looking to save money, keep an eye on Craigslist for used ones, or find out if there's a nearby rabbit show. Occasionally people will haul in used cages to sell.

Quote:
Ditto. I have made a cage, and I have bought used cages for a great price. I must say that my homemade cage is crap, and I followed online plans. I got 4 double cages for $80, I have them stacked in my barn three high (one is being used for quail). I have a pic somewhere, but I don't know where my hubby put it on the computer. (our photos are really not organized).

Gotcha. Guess I'll just suck it up and save money in the long run instead of in the short. LOL

I appreciate your honest opinions! Thanks

Quote:
Ditto. I have made a cage, and I have bought used cages for a great price. I must say that my homemade cage is crap, and I followed online plans. I got 4 double cages for $80, I have them stacked in my barn three high (one is being used for quail). I have a pic somewhere, but I don't know where my hubby put it on the computer. (our photos are really not organized).

Where did you get your 4 doubles for $80?

I use KW cages as well just couldn't find or make anything as durable and with features that make them safer and easy to maintain. I have found some used on craigslist but I find the prices are well worth what I get.

Last edited:
Quote:

Where did you get your 4 doubles for $80?

the ditto was to show that I agreed with buying used ones. I found them on our local kijiji, and bought them from another BYCer who lives 5 minutes away from me.

We built this simple wooden structure with a roof and hung the cages underneath. It was built at least 10 years ago and has held up GREAT. It has four cages (2 in front & 2 in back). sorry the photo is so dark...I couldn't find a pic of it in the daytime so took one just now in the dark...lol. You can only see 2 of the cages from this angle but there are 2 more on the back side.
photo.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom