Post pictures of your rabbit cages

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Wolf-Kim, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Songster

Jan 25, 2008
    I would like about 4 cages and would like to stack them in some sort of arrangment. The premade stacking kits are fairly pricey, anyone make their own?

-Kim

2. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Honestly, I'm convinced nothing I could build would be as good, stable, or functional as the premade stackers. My preferred manufacturer is KW Cages, but there are a lot of good ones out there.

If you're looking to save money, keep an eye on Craigslist for used ones, or find out if there's a nearby rabbit show. Occasionally people will haul in used cages to sell.

3. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Quote:Ditto. I have made a cage, and I have bought used cages for a great price. I must say that my homemade cage is crap, and I followed online plans. I got 4 double cages for $80, I have them stacked in my barn three high (one is being used for quail). I have a pic somewhere, but I don't know where my hubby put it on the computer. (our photos are really not organized).

4. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Songster

Jan 25, 2008
    Gotcha. Guess I'll just suck it up and save money in the long run instead of in the short. LOL

I appreciate your honest opinions! Thanks

5. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Songster

Jan 25, 2008
    Quote:Ditto. I have made a cage, and I have bought used cages for a great price. I must say that my homemade cage is crap, and I followed online plans. I got 4 double cages for $80, I have them stacked in my barn three high (one is being used for quail). I have a pic somewhere, but I don't know where my hubby put it on the computer. (our photos are really not organized).

Where did you get your 4 doubles for $80?

6. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    I use KW cages as well just couldn't find or make anything as durable and with features that make them safer and easy to maintain. I have found some used on craigslist but I find the prices are well worth what I get.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  7. chunkydunk

chunkydunk In the Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    Hodges SC
    I make my own but Im an idiot when it comes to putting stuff on the puter.

8. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada

Where did you get your 4 doubles for $80?

the ditto was to show that I agreed with buying used ones. I found them on our local kijiji, and bought them from another BYCer who lives 5 minutes away from me.

9. imtc

imtc Songster

Oct 30, 2008
    We built this simple wooden structure with a roof and hung the cages underneath. It was built at least 10 years ago and has held up GREAT. It has four cages (2 in front & 2 in back). sorry the photo is so dark...I couldn't find a pic of it in the daytime so took one just now in the dark...lol. You can only see 2 of the cages from this angle but there are 2 more on the back side.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  10. Kullas

Kullas Crowing

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    Its dark outside atm or i would get ya a pic of ours but i will get one tomarrow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: