post you mallard duck photos here

Hope it works out. Yep i forget since I have non quacking ducks how loud quackers can be.

Mine aren't so loud, but it took two years of routine to get them like that. They only quack when the mailman walks by or if some wild mallards fly over. Otherwise, they keep it down. I'm imagining the chaos of raising two more.

Hi mallard people, could you help me out? How loud are mallards compared to most ducks? compared to quiet breeds like Cayuga?

Also, are cats a threat to mallards during the daytime? And what if their wing feathers are clipped?

Thanks so much

My beautiful Maggie Duck who I miss terribly :,(

Can anyone help me a dog tried to run off with my poor ducky on Monday I have found him but appears that he has a hurt foot I can not get him to a vet right away and not sure if they could do anything anyway what should I do? I have him in the house in the tub so he is quiet and not sliding around when he does stand and it is not often he does not put a lot of wait on it and when he walks with a limp his toes actually are curls under when he does not have weight on it

I have had two breaks, and took them to the vet. Will the duck let you feel it? Is there and obvious break? Check one leg while comparing it to the other. Does it bend in a weird way?is the joint tight, or does the joint flex in the wrong direction? For right now, alternate cold and warm soaks. A cool bath alternated with a warm bath. Try an Epsom salt compress if there is any swelling. Monitor the temperature of the leg and foot. Is it colder than the other?warmer?the same? Also check the color and size of the affected leg. Please message me if I can help.

Last edited:
Jducour thank you for the help I appreciate it! I sent you a personal message but yes he will let me feel it and move it.there are no obvious breaks. The joint does seem tight but when comparing everything else seems the same we can move slowly and he does not complain it seems one ly when he puts pressure on it that it is really bothering him

I got your message, hopefully long warm baths will help. It is important to keep the joint moving, and swimming is the best way, because it keeps the weight off the joint. Good luck! I bet he will be much better by next week!

Back
Top Bottom