Post your Chix Pix! Ends Apr. 20! (TODAY!)

Here are a few pictures of my silkie chicks I hatched last week.

chick1.jpg

chick3.jpg

chick5.jpg

chick6.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! My daughter named her Cheeky Baby, I think she looks like a Sumo wrestler. Ha Ha.

Here are my three babies at about a few days old.

Spidergirl (or boy, we'll see) Black cochin possible frizzle x

GEDC0718.jpg

Arisole, Partridge cochin, and the leader of the trio, pictured with my dd

GEDC0608.jpg

And the runt, Little Junior (but I think its a girl), a speckled sussex with my other dd

GEDC0610.jpg

And all 3 with 3 of my other babies

GEDC0750.jpg

love.gif
love my babies!!!!

Last edited:
This is the full "Suburban Chicken Project". We had wanted to hatch eggs and raise from there, but while on a trip to Houston a couple of weeks ago, I found a farmer'ess with a fresh hatch of eggzactally what my son and I decided we wanted to raise, and I just couldn't resist. We are the proud daddys to 7 cochins of a variey of colors. They were hatched on/about March 20th, and were about 5 days old when I got them. They started out in a glass aquarium filled with pine shavings, but in a week had out grown those quarters! From scrap lumber from a shed project, I fashioned "Big D's Chick Shack", and our girls are living the high life now. They have a sprawling 24 inches by 48 inches to roam in, with wall to wall pine shavings, a custom hanging feeder and water'r system, and for their gymnastic pleasure, there are two roosts at different levels (although none of my aspiring vaulters has mastered them yet). The 'Shack' is located in our garage, and with the light, and backup light, they stay a pretty comfortable and constant temperature. The top of the 'Shack' is wire, and as you can see the front is at the optimum viewing level. I actually have an old love seat set up so I can watch the poultry channel when ever I want to.
Today is a big day--my girls are getting worms for the first time. I'm going to have the camera ready because I just know this is going to be some good P-TV fun (that's 'poultry-television', ya know).
Our girls are as follows:
The two 'blondes' are Madonna and Paris
The black is Shadow
The silver laced, which may be either a runt or possibly a bantam is named Butch--big attitude for sure
The blues are named Rainy and the one posed on my hand is Flipflop. Check out those shoes!
There is one 'gold'? Who is yet unnamed. I think this is a gold laced, but I'm not really sure. She has a reddish mask, but is mostly black. We're waiting on her personality to develop.
It's really a blast to watch them flop, fly and fight. They are working on their ranks and figureing out who da big dog is, so when one gets to flapping around it starts a whole chest-bumping contest (or would that be brest bumping?)

DSC01684.jpg

Poultry TV!

DSC01677.jpg

All my girls

DSC01681.jpg

Pretty sure that's Paris (Madonna's head is bigger), and the girl on the left is the 'golden'. Golden laced, ya think?

DSC01680.jpg

That's Rainy on the left, the golden in the middle, Paris--the blonde in the back hiding from the pataratzzi, Shadow is the black in front of her, and the little fruit cake running by in front of them (from left to right) is Butch. She's running over to see what Flipflop found. I swear.

DSC01679.jpg

These are Flipflop. I just love those cochin furry feet!

DSC01678.jpg

Here are some pix of a few of my chicks...

Emma...Barred Plymouth rock
BarredChick1_forID_C.jpg

Lucy and Daisy...Golden Comet's...I'm not sure which is which!
lol.png

MyPeeps2_5April08.jpg

Abbie...my favorite...she's an EE ("she"=from my keyboard to God's eyes!!)
Abbie_9April08.jpg

Maggie...my other favorite...also an EE
Maggie_9April08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom