Post your citron - lemon - silver D'uccle projects, especially chick photos!

Silver....OR....Gold.....OR.....nothing

• Silver

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Gold

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Normal

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
My citron d'uccle/serama cross. One step closer to lemon d'uccles. Also have a silver with blue cross, and another color I don't know what it is. it's the palest dove grey tinted tan.

This is the lemon next to the pale mauve. There is a blue behind them.

Last edited:
My citron d'uccle/serama cross. One step closer to lemon d'uccles. Also have a silver with blue cross, and another color I don't know what it is. it's the palest dove grey tinted tan.

can you show us the pic of both parents? would be nice to guess the chicks genetic make up and predict any F1xF1 cross

i want some of your eggs
droolin.gif
any updates on the other chicks

Last edited:
this is daddy. he's actually dying. I have him in my heated bathroom, with vicks on him wattles and givinh him antibiotics. Doesn't seem to be helping. it started with something in his lungs, now his lungs are quiet but his head is back and his feet are curled and he walks drunk.

This is mom, black mille fleur. I'm guessing the rooster next to her is the one throwing the brown, black and pumpkin chicks. they have the coolest pale pink coral color.

i cant help with him but hope he makes it...i just had a chick die the same way he is :( i have no idea what happened either and no one else has been affected by whatever it was but he died all in one day :( and i am keeping a close eye on everyone else. the weather hasnt been the nicest this year to anyone either hot cold hot hot cold cold cold wet cold wet wet wet cold cold cold wet hot you know lol

Update on my roo, he's getting over fowl pox and fighting those little mites at the same time. I give him a bath each weekend to get rid of the mites and spray the crap out of my bathroom. So far, he's still hanging in there. He has given me some glorious birds, so I hope he makes it.

Update on my roo, he's getting over fowl pox and fighting those little mites at the same time. I give him a bath each weekend to get rid of the mites and spray the crap out of my bathroom. So far, he's still hanging in there. He has given me some glorious birds, so I hope he makes it.
fl.gif

I am baffled by this little one...Mother was a solid white & the only roo in the pen for a month prior to the egg was ALSO solid white...There had been a blue roo in with the pair, but it was gone 4 weeks...Any ideas? Can't wait to see what this cutie becomes...it may very well become my next project

I had the same problem. I think the d'duccles hold the sperm longer. I had mine for 5 weeks locked together after my marans cockerel got them and the were still throwing some mixes.

At least I DO know that there were only D'uccles in the pen, so my only question will be what color...could make a great project chick, I've never seen these markings before on a D'Uccle

Back
Top Bottom