Post your eggs and tell which breed!

The darker brown egg is from our Isa Brown girl Hazel, the light blue egg is from our Ameracauna Betsy Boss and the light brown is from our Brahma, Mabel. My spelling is probably not great but i do love my girls! The colder weather has slowed their production down to almost nothing, but they are happy girls. :)

20211123_071640.jpg

Hi! I thought it would be cool if we had a thread where people could post a picture of their different colored eggs in a basket or tray, and the say which breed laid each egg! My flock has not started laying yet and I want to live vicariously through you all to see what colors you have! ❤️
My new Mixed flock of rescues and sexlinks. EE, Black sexlink, Red Star(?) GL Wyandotte’s.

Attachments

• 3E5BAD25-7225-4223-9D4D-69B65E178C8A.jpeg
    3E5BAD25-7225-4223-9D4D-69B65E178C8A.jpeg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 12
  • D58B87B2-CE64-4E44-9A7F-1CA364F2484A.jpeg
    D58B87B2-CE64-4E44-9A7F-1CA364F2484A.jpeg
    409.7 KB · Views: 11
View attachment 2906741
Today’s eggs 🤗 We got our first olive egg out of one of our mixed brooder babies from the summer! Top right is a BSL, top left is a Buff Orpington just coming into lay, the speckled is one of our Lavender Orps who regularly lays semi-speckled eggs, the dark one in the bottom right is a new BYM pullet that just got dropped off yesterday (the egg had a strange powdery coating on it, so unsure if that will be her egg colour or if there’s something wrong) and the white eggs are from our Blue Andalusians. Our Wyandotte girls were all a bunch of free loaders today as we didn’t get a single egg out of their coop. Hope your gals start laying soon!
That chalky coating is just a heavy bloom! Nothing wrong with it, it’s kinda cool actually. She may not always lay them like that but I have one olive egger that gets a periodic heavy bloom. So it’s like gray on the outside and if you wash the bloom off it’s army green underneath!

View attachment 2906741
Today’s eggs 🤗 We got our first olive egg out of one of our mixed brooder babies from the summer! Top right is a BSL, top left is a Buff Orpington just coming into lay, the speckled is one of our Lavender Orps who regularly lays semi-speckled eggs, the dark one in the bottom right is a new BYM pullet that just got dropped off yesterday (the egg had a strange powdery coating on it, so unsure if that will be her egg colour or if there’s something wrong) and the white eggs are from our Blue Andalusians. Our Wyandotte girls were all a bunch of free loaders today as we didn’t get a single egg out of their coop. Hope your gals start laying soon!
F79950A8-B7E6-46A7-AEAB-9C05E045D896.jpeg

That chalky coating is just a heavy bloom! Nothing wrong with it, it’s kinda cool actually. She may not always lay them like that but I have one olive egger that gets a periodic heavy bloom. So it’s like gray on the outside and if you wash the bloom off it’s army green underneath!
It was unlike any bloom we get from anyone else, so definitely very heavy if so! Her eggs are still magical, but the heavy powder coating has gone away. I felt like maybe it was due to diet as it seemed more like a calcium coated egg as it didn’t wash off completely and it was just when she first arrived, but who knows! Everyone is still laying beautifully, here are some of my favourites from yesterday 🤗

15E4F93A-DEB9-4F55-98E9-8C0CD94B88F7.jpeg

It was unlike any bloom we get from anyone else, so definitely very heavy if so! Her eggs are still magical, but the heavy powder coating has gone away. I felt like maybe it was due to diet as it seemed more like a calcium coated egg as it didn’t wash off completely and it was just when she first arrived, but who knows! Everyone is still laying beautifully, here are some of my favourites from yesterday 🤗

View attachment 3032200
Oh the speckles on that blue!

Back
Top Bottom