Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

I love the look of the pine straw! I'm just wondering what to put around my small pond in the aviary? It was fine last winter, but the ducks used it so much this summer that it's always so muddy and wet around it. There is stones about 1 foot all around it. They are caked with mud now. What should I put around it?? Would the pine straw work?

Wow.... I bought our first ducks (Muscovies) 3 days ago and they are temporally living with my 19 girls in my chicken house. I have been wondering what to build for this crew of 6 next spring and you folks have given me some great ideas.

This stuff is sure addicting.

Thanks.....

Quote:
Hi 1lpoock,

I put folded landscape fabric (Lowes/Home Depot) all around my pond and most of the plants. This will help prevent the pebbles and rocks from sinking and mixing into the mud or dirt.

here is two pic of mine
3475_call_duck2.jpg

3475_duck_pen.jpg

I'm planning to get most of it done this weekend, so I should have more pics then. I bought some Pampas and am gonna plant those once I get the pond worked out.

i recently added in a stock tank pool to the run were my chickens ducks and geese live. The stock tank is 150 gallons and much deeper then the kiddie pool they had before. It doesn't crack during winter and i dont have to dump to each day (their is a drain that i unplug each couple weeks)

50920_dsc_0540.jpg

50920_dsc_0547.jpg

50920_dsc_0532.jpg

here is another pic of one of the roosts
50920_dsc_0543.jpg

Back
Top Bottom