Post your favourite recipies!!!!!!!

SuperChicken007

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Trapped in my computer
REMEMBER, They have to be like something you can throw together in less than a half an hour!

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BARS:

Easy. Mix some cornflakes with peanut butter in a bowl and spread the stuff on a cookie sheet. Now spread melted chocolate chips on top, the sweeter the better. Put in the coldest part of your fridge for a while. TA DA, cut yourself a piece and eat!

cmon ppl!!!!!!! i cant be the only one who makes snacks around here
roll.png

This recipe is a copy cat of the green sauce that Mexican food restaurants serve here in the South. I don’t know if they serve it anywhere else but this stuff is sooo good.

Casa Ole Green Sauce

Ingredients:
4 Avocados
1 (16 oz.) container Sour Cream
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 (4 oz.) can Green Chili Peppers
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Lemon juice
3 oz. Cream Cheese

Preparation Instructions:
Place all ingredients into a large food processor or a blender, process or blend until smooth.

Serve as a dip with tortilla chips.

I don't have a picture of this one...we did these at a friend's house this summer with her kids. She was having a swim birthday party for her daughter and she wanted me to come help her. When she pulled a tray of frozen Twinkies out of the freezer and told me we were going to fry them I was sure she was suffering from heat stoke. But these things turned out WONDERFUL!!! And the kids loved it!!!!

Fried Twinkies

Ingredients:
1 C. milk
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. oil
1 C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Twinkies
Popsicle sticks
4 C. vegetable oil for frying

The day before: Unwrap the Twinkies and stick the Popsicle sticks into them; sticking the stick over half way in like you would for a corndog. Place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer over night.

Preparation:

Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.

Prepare batter by mixing together milk, vinegar and oil.

In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt.

Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.

Dust Twinkie with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most.

Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain. Let the Twinkie sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

Quote:
Oh my... those sound sinful!!!
tongue.png
I don't dare make those, as I'd probably eat the whole batch myself! Then my kids would be waiting saying "uh.. where's ours mom?"

Last edited:
This is one of our favorite recipes. We always take along the ingredients when we go camping.

Graham Crackers
Crunchy Peanut Butter
Melted White Chocolate

Cover the crackers with crunchy peanut butter. Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Put in fridge for abut 10 minutes.

For extra yumminess, also drizzle dark chocolate on the crackers.
love.gif

Quote:
Oh my... those sound sinful!!!
tongue.png
I don't dare make those, as I'd probably eat the whole batch myself! Then my kids would be waiting saying "uh.. where's ours mom?"

Yea, they were really good!!!

She also did these little treats...you take a can of crescent rolls and unroll them, then unwrap some fun size Snickers.

Then you wrap one of the little Snickers bars in one of the Crescent rolls pinching them really well to seal all the edges...then dip the Crescent roll in melted butter and put it in a muffin tin and bake it.

When she told me to do that I thought the woman had lost her mind...but OMG I couldn't leave them alone. They were like little heroine balls they were totally addictive. I know I gained 10 pounds that day.

Here is my favorite. Very easy to

Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2003
Show: Good Eats
Episode: Fudge Factor

1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar

Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

Back
Top Bottom