Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my 1st egg a week ago and have been getting a 1st egg from a new girl each day since then. Today there were 5 and I decided to lay them in the crate to show the progression.

66694_dscn7210_large.jpg

Good for you! My friend is incubating my eggs this year as she doesn't have any roosters. Warning: first eggs, then hatchititis! Watch out!

64301_img_1680.jpg
Today a rainbow! My EE Jessie started laying about a week ago, she's the green egg. My Leghorn has been laying about a month now, she's the white one. My New Hampshire started two days ago, she's the light brown and the first of my cuckoo marans laid today and she's the dark brown. Love the rainbow of eggs!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

My 25 week and 3 day old Black Australorp FINALLY decided to give me a little brown egg, after squatting for 3 WEEKS!
celebrate.gif
I think she wasn't quite sure what it was when she laid it because it had a peck bulls-eye on it when I found it. Glad she didn't get a taste of it though!

Some of you might remember me as the one who found the hard boiled egg a few weeks ago, left by my husbands best friend. Well now this one is legit!!
wee.gif

So excited and can't wait for my other 2 to start. They have been squatting for about a week now.

72556_img_0766.jpg

72556_egg_in_bowl.jpg

I checked the coop last week sometime but did not see anything. I had been expecting to get something from my DB hen since the days have gotten longer. Today I saw my little banty run in the coop and set. I KNEW WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO DO!!! I was so exited! After she came out I looked and there were 3 eggs!!!!! She must have started either this week or the end of last week, it couldn't have been long!

5474670549_b8d7752507_m.jpg

They seem kind of big to come out of such a tiny hen! It was so exiting!! I'm going to try and eat them tommorrow. The fresh one was still warm, not sure how long the others were there. I will crack them in a bowl first. I will take pics of them next to a "cage free" storebought egg as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom