Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2nd egg was laid in the nest box, and it's a lil' bit smaller than the first egg from the same hen yesterday. Also it's a perfectly even shade of brown, and I think the 1st one would have looked prettier if it hadn't been under dust, grass, and leaves in the run for several hours. She spent at least an hour trying to lay this egg, and I gave her a bigger nest box made from a small Sterilite tub, which she spent time digging the shavings in. But when she tried to squeeze between the Sterilite tub and the wall I knew she wanted a smaller nest, so I gave her back her Tidy Cat box and she settled in very content. Finally I left her there, and an hour later went back and found egg #2.

The 2nd egg was laid in the nest box, and it's a lil' bit smaller than the first egg from the same hen yesterday. Also it's a perfectly even shade of brown, and I think the 1st one would have looked prettier if it hadn't been under dust, grass, and leaves in the run for several hours. She spent at least an hour trying to lay this egg, and I gave her a bigger nest box made from a small Sterilite tub, which she spent time digging the shavings in. But when she tried to squeeze between the Sterilite tub and the wall I knew she wanted a smaller nest, so I gave her back her Tidy Cat box and she settled in very content. Finally I left her there, and an hour later went back and found egg #2.

Two days in a row is awesome! I think the Tidy Cat nest is hilarious. Your cat would probably be scandalized to know how his litter containers are being used.

Two days in a row is awesome! I think the Tidy Cat nest is hilarious. Your cat would probably be scandalized to know how his litter containers are being used.

Lol Yes, Lucas would be mortified! I hope he doesn't suspect anything untoward when I come home from the store with several extra containers of Tidy Cat...

Update: She laid her third egg in three days yesterday. I'm calling her "One-a-Day Frances." I named her after my grandma, Frances Myrtle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom