Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I've been searching different egg colors, that grey never came up! Pretty addition to your egg basket! Got a pic of Mama?

Here's our first egg! It's so exciting! :) I know which one laid it, but we have no idea what breeds she is. It's so tiny and cute! But dark gray? What kind of hen lays and egg that color?

Our neighbors are wondering why ours beat their hens in laying! No telling which was first! This is awesome! Light Blue.

Here's our first egg! It's so exciting! :) I know which one laid it, but we have no idea what breeds she is. It's so tiny and cute! But dark gray? What kind of hen lays and egg that color?
I think if your girls are only just laying age your egg will be olive through to blue so I think you need to look at blue egg layers and see if you can find one that looks like yours, have you a pic?

I think if your girls are only just laying age your egg will be olive through to blue so I think you need to look at blue egg layers and see if you can find one that looks like yours, have you a pic?
This picture doesn't show all her pretty iridescent feathers very well (she's the black one). She's got a bunch of blue-ish green feathers that shine in the sun. She has feathers on her legs so I assumed a mix of some type of Marans and an Australorp. Her eggs are starting to change a little. They look a little more brown now. So interesting! They seem to get a tiny bit bigger each day too :)

Last edited:
I had a tiny 5-week-old pullet lay this today:

She still has her "baby feathers" on the back of her head! What's the earliest you've had one start laying?

I didn't think they could either, and now someone on another thread has me worried that there may be a problem with the pullet. It's definitely not a normal thing for a pullet that young to lay anything at all, so I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom