Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first post and my first eggs! I was so looking forward to discovering those first eggs. . .but my husband found them. Oh well, still so excited! I wonder who layed them: the little one is maybe the bantam silkie? I don't know what color silkies lay, but I wasn't expecting any hint of blue. I think Cochin and black Australorp eggs are brown, so that leaves the two ameracaunas (one or both of which I suspect may be EEs). Sorry for rambling. It happens when I'm excited.

Last edited:
Very pretty eggs. I know nothing about Silkies, but I do know that pretty much 99% of the time an Amerecauna is actually "just" an EE. Whatever that means. But all we want is the blue eggs so who cares. :)

My first post and my first eggs! I was so looking forward to discovering those first eggs. . .but my husband found them. Oh well, still so excited! I wonder who layed them: the little one is maybe the bantam silkie? I don't know what color silkies lay, but I wasn't expecting any hint of blue. I think Cochin and black Australorp eggs are brown, so that leaves the two ameracaunas (one or both of which I suspect may be EEs). Sorry for rambling. It happens when I'm excited.
First off, your username made me crack up lol. :p Nice colored eggs ;)

Frustrated EE owners, take heart. Tilly is 39 weeks old and she just laid her first, beautiful blue egg! Our Buff Orp laid her first egg at 19 weeks. It was a long wait for the Easter egg, but it was worth the wait!!

I totally feel ya... My husband discovered our first egg on Sunday. I was so eggcited! I said... " I waited 21 weeks to get that egg and your the one that found it" Oh well, just happy to start getting eggs. :weee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom