Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
surprise surprise!!! We have our first brown egg!! Hurray!! I wasnt expecting any until spring due to the lack of sunlight I was reading about. But I was pleasantly surprised to find this one this morning. I dont use a light in the coop, but I think one of my Comets decided to bless us anyway with her egg. They are 20 weeks old this week. I have 3 aracanas, 5 RIR's, and 4 Golden Comets.

Well I cant seem to figure out how to get a pic on here, sorry, can someone help me?

Hurray!!! we have our first egg!!! I believe one of our Comets laid it last night. I wasnt expecting any eggs until spring due to the sunlight issue (I read they need 14 hours of daylight) but oh well, what a surprise!!! I look forward to many more. We have 3 aracanas, 5 RIR's, and 4 Golden Comets.

13007_dscn1297_small.jpg

Congrats Moose! I went outside yesterday to clean out the coop. It was a record setting 69 degrees out and I knew we wouldn't be seeing another day like it for many months to come. I figured I would completely empty the shavings and put in fresh.

Well, I stuck my head in there and I found not one, but three little eggs in the corner!!!
wee.gif

Man was I surprised. I also thought I was going to have to wait until spring.

I had the nest boxes blocked off so I opened them up, put one egg in each of our two nest boxes and took egg number three in the house to brag over.
celebrate.gif

P1010124.jpg

P1010123.jpg

thats awesome donnap1967. We had a second one this morning too. I think the same comet is the only lady laying right now. I have noticed a few more making "nest" at night as opposed to hopping on the roosting bar, maybe see some more tomorrow.

12 hens a-laying, 12 perfect eggs

Today is the first time they laid an entire dozen all in one day.
celebrate.gif

17459_dsc00690.gif

What a great early Christmas gift!
I've been waiting four months for this and I'm so excited I could lay an egg myself.
celebrate.gif

This is from one of my Easter Eggger gals:

13268_egginhand.jpg

Put my prize into a cereal bowl next to a store-bought large egg to give you the scale:

13268_2eggsinbowl.jpg

Here's what it looks like in an egg carton:

13268_eggincarton.jpg

Ok, here's our first. I am so excited it's silly
lol.png

It's obvious it was one of our NHR hens. She was strutting around the coop making a joyous racket while all the other girls were out front.
m_dd5c390201fb4ec3a4b9cc4235255912.jpg

Here's the little gem with it's store bought cousins
tongue.png

m_2b332d4844754fb4967e0497a501c30d.jpg

and in the nesting box...
m_ba3c8fc15a844c53a0ecd0f25a171d7c.jpg

Pretty eggciting!!! Now for the other 10 to start-it appears we don't have a single Roo in the bunch. They were all hatched mid to late June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom