Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Mine got really broody acting before they started laying. So watch for that as a sign. One would not leave the nest box
I have a speckled sussex that loves to hang out in one of the boxes, Wy's not so much.
tongue.png
I have a flock who is a month older who are just starting to lay. So excited waiting for the younger ones to catch up.

. I found the middle egg in the nesting box today. It's almost perfectly round and has dark brown speckles. I'm still trying to figure out who left it for me to find. It's so cute!

I thought that was a golf ball at first to show size progression! Lol! :lol:

It looks like I have 3 ladies laying now. It seems like my oldest Jeanette is still off her lay. Hmmm.

Missy & I suspect Bessie are laying the blue eggs, Josephine the pinkish brown eggs. My wheaten ameracuna Jeanette lays blue eggs, but not for 3+ weeks now.

Nell my rose comb leghorn is very interested in the nesting boxes and is 19 weeks old.

My little tufted & bearded easter eggers are 21 weeks old, but don't look like they are as big as my other ee's that are just starting to lay, so as of Monday I think it's just my 3 ee's laying. Good thing today is the first day I can start keeping eggs as they were just wormed.

I cracked open the huge egg Josephine layed out of curiosity and it was a double yolker!! I cracked open eggland's best eggs I had just bought at the grocery store and cracked one of mine open, mine had a better shell, much darker richly colored and much bigger yolk and the whites were thick, not watery like grocery store eggs.

Mmm I'm going to make a korean cold noodle soup that uses a few soft boiled eggs in it that makes a striking presentation.

I hope so. Its so hard. Been counting down! Lol. Rotten girls.

Hahha you can do some thigs to help them along. #1 get a porcelain egg or two. They sell them at te farm store here.gotta get porcelain cause when they sit on them they actualy get warm like they should. Also you can put cayenne peper in there food. Just the seasoning stuff. Don't worry they can't taste the hotness and it's suppose to start them laying quicker. Also if you don't free range you def should as it will encourage them to exersize and mature faster

This is the first day all four of our girls each laid an egg!!! WOOTS!!!! Another "rite of passage"!!!
yesss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom