Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it's between 35 and 42g it's considered peewee? What if it's less than 35? Lol, my BA mostly lays 33 and 34 right now. Today was 38 and a few days ago was 40 but that's the biggest so far.

We called them Mini-peewee's at the Hatchery. But i don't believe its an official name just something the boss came up with. We would sell them fresh by the pound in boxes. Some of them were as small as large pea size, crafters would buy them. They would or could eat the eggs but most of them blew the shells out then use the eggs in craft projects.

Once in awhile the egg songs from my layers is actually coming from a cheerleader. One bird lays an egg and another one cheers her on.
the first time I heard it I ran out to see who it was singing and it was actually my EE who I don't think is ready to lay for at least a few more weeks. I have been present when my BA has laid 2 of her eggs and she doesn't make a sound while laying. So I think my EE has just decided my BA needed someone to sing for her.

the first time I heard it I ran out to see who it was singing and it was actually my EE who I don't think is ready to lay for at least a few more weeks. I have been present when my BA has laid 2 of her eggs and she doesn't make a sound while laying. So I think my EE has just decided my BA needed someone to sing for her.
Mine too!!! I'll see one in the nest getting down to business and the back of another one in the coop with her. If it's Buffy in the nest, then Fernie (her BFF) is standing there singing the egg song! Fernie is our most verbal chicken anyway, and the loudest, though the smallest. I think they give each other moral support.
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
One time I saw Buffy in the nest, then Fernie crawled in with her, and finally edged Buffy OUT of the nest box! There was another nest box free at the moment, but Fernie wanted THAT one!
ep.gif
I sure enjoy having a spy camera in the coop! I get to observe all these different aspects of their personalities.

Idk who laid this! I have one chicken who is half cuckoo maran I think...so maybe her! Yay eggs eggs eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom