Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss, Spitzboyz. That is so sad.

My other girl laid her first egg today, but I am worried because it looks like the point of the tip was covered in some blood- the egg was kind of oblong with more of a point to it. I noticed she was sitting in the nest box a few times yesterday and again today, so maybe it's just the first one was really hard for her? It wasn't poo, it was definitely streaked with blood on the tip and the rest was clean. Sorry, no pic as my camera phone is on the charger and I kind of freaked out and scrubbed the egg a bit when I got it in the house. My other girl is laying regularly, although I think she was waiting for the box so long she laid one on the floor as she has been good at laying in the box. There is a definite difference in the look of the already laying pullet eggs and what I found in the box today- smaller, more pointy at one end, and a bit bloody. Anyone else have happen with the first egg? Should I be concerned?

Don't worry a little blood on the eggshell happens every once in a while no matter the age of the chicken. You did the right thing rinsing the egg off. The hen probably didn't even notice the little bleeder and will heal and be fine in no time.

Sorry for your loss, Spitzboyz. That is so sad.

My other girl laid her first egg today, but I am worried because it looks like the point of the tip was covered in some blood- the egg was kind of oblong with more of a point to it. I noticed she was sitting in the nest box a few times yesterday and again today, so maybe it's just the first one was really hard for her? It wasn't poo, it was definitely streaked with blood on the tip and the rest was clean. Sorry, no pic as my camera phone is on the charger and I kind of freaked out and scrubbed the egg a bit when I got it in the house. My other girl is laying regularly, although I think she was waiting for the box so long she laid one on the floor as she has been good at laying in the box. There is a definite difference in the look of the already laying pullet eggs and what I found in the box today- smaller, more pointy at one end, and a bit bloody. Anyone else have happen with the first egg? Should I be concerned?
No worries, this happens a lot for the first egg or two. Just to be safe... check her vent and make sure her insides didn't become her outsides (prolapsed).

What a surprise! Two new eggs!!

Egg number one is on the left and is from Blondie, my 6-month old Campine... the only girl left from my little chicks born in March (lost the others to EYP). The one in the middle is from Witchiepoo, a "replacement" I recently bought that turned out to be a 1.5 year old Buttercup hen (so not a first egg). And egg number two, which is on the right, is also from a Buttercup replacement... her name is Princess and she is almost 6 months old.

My california grey pullet Lena just laid her first egg!! And it's brown not white! She has the barred rock egg gene instead of the leghorn. So awesome!!!!

Thank you all for your sympathy. I know she's in better care now! Good news is that I have another hen whom stepped up to the plate! My EE is now laying! First egg from her! I'm now excited again!
sry for your loss. I lost one a few weeks ago. She wasn't laying yet though. That is a beautiful egg! My EE lays a green egg but it's very pale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom