Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister and I both had a dream about eggs last night- hers was about easter eggs, mine about a no shell, double yolk, bloody egg that one of them had laid -so I thought for sure today would be the day! But, alas, it was not to be. :(

Two out of my six RIR hens are now laying very regularly. The rest can't be far behind, but since this is my first flock, I'm very excited! And the eggs are getting eaten as fast as the girls are laying them!

So today, I was in the mood for a fresh egg for lunch, but so was my daughter. She went and checked the boxes and came in with only one egg. I was disappointed until she told me that she was pretty sure there was one getting ready to lay when she checked. So I went out a few minutes later and sure enough, Paisley was just moving to get out of the box. She squawked a bit when I took her egg, but I politely thanked her for my lunch. Then I took my freshly laid egg into the house, cooked myself an egg and sausage sandwich for lunch. Literally, 10 minutes from the chicken to the fry pan. Now that's what I call having fresh egg for lunch! So delicious!!
Now I just need to start raising a pig for some fresh sausage. Lol

Two out of my six RIR hens are now laying very regularly. The rest can't be far behind, but since this is my first flock, I'm very excited! And the eggs are getting eaten as fast as the girls are laying them!

So today, I was in the mood for a fresh egg for lunch, but so was my daughter. She went and checked the boxes and came in with only one egg. I was disappointed until she told me that she was pretty sure there was one getting ready to lay when she checked. So I went out a few minutes later and sure enough, Paisley was just moving to get out of the box. She squawked a bit when I took her egg, but I politely thanked her for my lunch. Then I took my freshly laid egg into the house, cooked myself an egg and sausage sandwich for lunch. Literally, 10 minutes from the chicken to the fry pan. Now that's what I call having fresh egg for lunch! So delicious!!
Yes! I call that super fresh. Gets no fresher than that! One time while I was in the service, I was in Istanbul Turkey. While I was their I visited the fish market on the river banks. A good smell caught me up in purchasing some fried fish from a vendor their. When I ordered he walked right over to the river, took a net out and scooped up my dinner. Now that was fresh also!

Last edited:
The first egg in the nest!!

awesome... When I bought my last carton of eggs from the store we only had 1 layer, since then we now have 4. But I insisted we use the store bought eggs first which we just finished up sunday! I have 3 dozen eggs from MY chickens waiting for us! But anyway I am sure we will be using them up just as fast as the girls lay them very soon.

I also wanted to say that my 8 yr old said now we need a cow! Lol, ya bud!

we got our first double yoker egg toady , from one of 2 of our new Hampshire reds
woot.gif
they Are 22.5 weeks old today & hubby ate it for breakfast
smile.png
wink.png
....lol.... but first I got a picture on my cell & will have to post that later.
tongue.png
frow.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom