Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel's first egg!

Congrats! Nice size egg for her first. Pretty looking lady too

Shouldn't she be laying soon? She's been this red for a few weeks now. I can't stand the wait! Can I squeeze an egg out of her? LOL!

Haha I thought the same thing about my RIR, maybe I could squeeze it out of her! She had been big and red in the face for weeks then finally at 24 1/2 weeks (this last thusday) she laid her first egg. It will come soon! She is adorable btw!

Last edited:
Awesome! I have got to get me some Easter Eggers! I may have a couple since my ten of twenty that hatched are yellow! I don't have any yellow chickens. RIR's, leghorns, domineckers. I am bumfuzzled!

Got my first egg from my Blue Copper Maran this week along with my two Dellies! I got them at about 2 weeks old and the seller didn't know which were male or female, so I guess I chose right 3 of 3 hens!

Awesome! I have got to get me some Easter Eggers! I may have a couple since my ten of twenty that hatched are yellow! I don't have any yellow chickens. RIR's, leghorns, domineckers. I am bumfuzzled!

The yellow color is just the chicks first fuzz. When the first real feathers come in they won't be yellow. My red sex-link was yellow as a chick and it soon started getting red feathers. If the leghorns are white ones they may start out yellow too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom