Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favoring one or two of the nest boxes over the others is not that usual.
thanks, my real question is how to keep them from laying outside in the run, maybe leave them shut in the coop ( I have a fairly large coop 5x12 for 16 chickens) for a couple days, during the coldest part of the winter here in upstate NY they will have to spend quite a lot of time in there anyway as we get a lot of snow and below zero weather. I found another egg today in the run outside. out of the 15 hens we only 4 have laid until today we got 6!! so I just wonder if there is an easy way to train them to use the nest boxes rather than outside.
thank you in advance!
thumbsup.gif

From the extremely happy desk at the Crazy H-Bar Ranch;
While feeding, watering, and cleaning I found this pretty little perfect blue egg. Aria's first egg! This Wheaten Ameraucana we got from Carrie. Which might make her a little (ok, a lot!) jealous...I noticed that she was squatting with no one around her so I knew she was close. It was sitting right next to the egg from our Buff Orp. The blue egg must have excited our Buff because that is her 2nd egg in less than 24 hrs. Now I'm anxious for the squatting OEers, who also show signs of being ready; Bling and Lady Gaga... These 3 eggs are, left to right; Amer. Whtn, Buff. Orp., and Golden Comet.

so pretty!

I was finding one egg under the roosts every day. Now I find two. It's spreading!!! Any ideas? I have 3 nest boxes (although one is the favorite, one hardly gets used, and the other has never been used). 9 girls, but only 7 or 8 are laying right now. Would really rather not have to brush off poop, etc. each time I collect eggs.

Do you have ceramic or fake eggs in the nesting boxes? I just thought to ask, I do and still have one laying eggs outside, trying to figure out a way to get her to use one of the 6 nesting boxes (I have 15 hens)

Can you leave them in the coop until after laying time? I had a stubborn girl lay in the same spot outdoors until she discovered how cushy it could be to lay in the nice nest boxes we built them and now she lays indoors :)

I'm so eggcited!! We just got another first today from Princess Rainbow the EE. (Yes the 5-year-old named her). Three firsts today!! Aren't they pretty??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom