Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard them called fart eggs, wind eggs, and rooster eggs. They usually don't have a yolk. I wonder if yours does. My girls are just starting to lay too we had a couple soft ones but no teeny tiny one.

Yesterday I added 4 new hens to my very small flock. My original hens are 24 weeks old and not yet laying. The new additions are about 10 months old. Due to the stress of moving to a new flock and new coop, I didn't expect any eggs yet, but one of the new girls laid this egg sometime this afternoon. She laid it under the roosts. I transferred it to my nest boxes to try to encourage laying in the boxes. I've also got some plastic golf balls in the nest boxes. Any other tips to persuade my girls to lay in the boxes?

I thought hens sing the egg song after they lay an egg. Lucy, my only layer so far stands on the platform outside the door of hthe coop and screeches like crazy, then goes in and lays an egg. Is this normal? It scares the other slackers that haven't started laying yet. They all scatter. LOL!

I thought hens sing the egg song after they lay an egg. Lucy, my only layer so far stands on the platform outside the door of hthe coop and screeches like crazy, then goes in and lays an egg. Is this normal? It scares the other slackers that haven't started laying yet. They all scatter. LOL!
Some sing before, after or not at all. Some screech or get just verbal before - and I think it's to get privacy. I have one who sings when someone else lays and egg. So funny to see the flock dynamics.
lol.png

The privacy part makes sense. We have a real nosy Sussex hen named Ruth. She is always sticking her nose in everywhere so maybe she wants to scare her away so she can be alone to lay her egg. It really works beacause they all huddle in the far corner of the run when she yells. Such funny behavior!
1f413.png
. I love it!

Some sing before, after or not at all. Some screech or get just verbal before - and I think it's to get privacy. I have one who sings when someone else lays and egg. So funny to see the flock dynamics.
lol.png
I have a couple of each. The one who sits on the roost bar announcing to me it's time to get the eggs is hilarious! She doesn't even lay yet.
big_smile.png

I have a couple of each. The one who sits on the roost bar announcing to me it's time to get the eggs is hilarious! She doesn't even lay yet.
big_smile.png
One of my BO's does a rocking motion when singing…after laying, she comes out to the run, gets on an outdoor roost or just stands on the ramp. Looks like a mini chicken dance with her song. Wish I could catch that on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom