Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She sings & hangs out around the nest boxes. I cleaned out the coop today & only found a green egg from one of the ee's. Looked everywhere around the run & nothing. She's the low hen of the flock & doesn't go far from the coop.
Sounds like she will start laying soon. Since she hangs our around the nest boxes, she should know that's where to lay hers. Here's hoping she does.

Hubby messaged me that he found a white egg which took me by surprise as I thought my breeds all would lay brown or green/blue eggs. Finally when I got home I saw that it was green! New layer!
wee.gif

Hubby swears the egg was white when he found it
tongue.png
It was found next to the golf balls in the nest box, good EE!!! She's no more then 5 months old...

The other little egg is egg #4 on day number 4 for another new layer.

Now only waiting for 5 more chickens to start laying!!

Hubby messaged me that he found a white egg which took me by surprise as I thought my breeds all would lay brown or green/blue eggs. Finally when I got home I saw that it was green! New layer!
wee.gif

Hubby swears the egg was white when he found it
tongue.png
It was found next to the golf balls in the nest box, good EE!!! She's no more then 5 months old...

The other little egg is egg #4 on day number 4 for another new layer.

Now only waiting for 5 more chickens to start laying!!
Congratulations!
jumpy.gif
It may have looked lighter before refrigeration…I have noticed my brown eggs can get lighter or darker in fridge. But that is definitely a green egg.

I have a 26 week old Black Sexlink that has not started laying yet. Today, while one of my other hens was laying an egg, the Black Sexlink stood at the entrance to the coop singing the egg song at the top of her lungs. After the laying hen left the nest, The Black Sexlink started circling the nest and kept singing. She was quite worked up. After I removed the egg, she got in the nest. She's been in there for a while. She keeps picking up bits of pine shavings and feathers and putting them on her own back. Strange. I assume that I can soon expect an egg from her, but I'm perplexed at the behavior of putting bedding on her own back. Anyone have any hens that do this? Does anyone have any ideas why?

Last edited:
I have a 26 week old Black Sexlink that has not started laying yet. Today, while one of my other hens was laying an egg, the Black Sexlink stood at the entrance to the coop signing the egg song at the top of her lungs. After the laying hen left the nest, The Black Sexlink started circling the nest and kept singing. She was quite worked up. After I removed the egg, she got in the nest. She's been in there for a while. She keeps picking up bits of pine shavings and feathers and putting them on her own back. Strange. I assume that I can soon expect an egg from her, but I'm perplexed at the behavior of putting bedding on her own back. Anyone have any hens that do this? Does anyone have any ideas why?
This is a normal nesting duty hens do while laying. Mine do it all the time. Although, it's so frustrating to change nesting material in the morning, then watch them kick all the bedding out, climb in, then pick up bedding piece by piece to build their nest.

But if you girl is doing this now, you should expect eggs any day!!!

BTW, the only "Normal" thing about raising chickens... there's nothing normal about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom