Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my first egg from my flock of 6 different breeds. This was from a golden comet (19 weeks and 5 days old). I'm thinking the Black Australorp will be the next one to start laying.

Last edited:
Congratulations!
thumbsup.gif

Hi there, we have a new layer and I'm so confused! See this little white-ish egg????? We don't have a chicken that's supposed to lay white eggs, I'm so confused! LOL

We have 5 red sex links (all laying), 1 barred rock (laying), 1 americauna and 1 buff brahma who are new this year. We haven't had any blue or green eggs, everything has been brown - until now! Where is this little light oval egg coming from???

That looks more like a tinted than a white egg to me, but that may just be your lighting. If I had to guess, I'd guess that's your Ameraucana. You'll sometimes get one that will not lay a blue egg...sorry. But just keep your fingers crossed and see what happens.

Hi there, we have a new layer and I'm so confused! See this little white-ish egg????? We don't have a chicken that's supposed to lay white eggs, I'm so confused! LOL

We have 5 red sex links (all laying), 1 barred rock (laying), 1 americauna and 1 buff brahma who are new this year. We haven't had any blue or green eggs, everything has been brown - until now! Where is this little light oval egg coming from???
Americana's aren't ameraucanas..... you might not see a blue egg

That looks like the color egg one of my girls' lays.

The blue on the far right is my Easter Egger (not an Ameraucana, which only lays blue - we just got lucky). I believe the one of the far right is my Buff Orpington. The darker one I believe is my Black Australorp. And the other light one is likely my Barred Plymouth Rock. But even if I'm wrong, all of them are "brown laying breeds." Some brown layers lay more or less brown than others. I've seen pictures of eggs collected from single-breed flocks that are all sorts of different shades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom