Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand from what I read here an olive eggs are valuable in California, as a public service I will send olive eggs to anyone wanting some for 100 bucks a dozen, and being so generous as I am, I will even pick up the postage.....Dang I am a nice guy!

I prefer my blue eggs myself, they are so pretty!
Wow... I said desirable not valuable!!!

That's interesting about the egg colors. So, I may have a Maran mixed breed. Out of the three siblings two are black, one red. What I meant by not really worried about the egg color is the fact that this all started with a chick from the neighborhood chickens that was left by her mom. She was three days old, we found her and decided, okay, why not keep her. So we bought another one from a feed store which I was told is an Americauna. She is white with brown markings and gray feathers on her head and neck. She is really pretty. But, I have also been told she is an easter egger. So, I don't know. I have two that look similar and are red. The three siblings were given to me. So, I wasn't getting chickens especially because they laid green eggs, or brown eggs. It will be interesting to see what colors of eggs we do get. I did not know that green eggs are desirable. Thanks for the information. I will try to post a picture of the 5 of them later.

That's interesting about the egg colors. So, I may have a Maran mixed breed. Out of the three siblings two are black, one red. What I meant by not really worried about the egg color is the fact that this all started with a chick from the neighborhood chickens that was left by her mom. She was three days old, we found her and decided, okay, why not keep her. So we bought another one from a feed store which I was told is an Americauna. She is white with brown markings and gray feathers on her head and neck. She is really pretty. But, I have also been told she is an easter egger. So, I don't know. I have two that look similar and are red. The three siblings were given to me. So, I wasn't getting chickens especially because they laid green eggs, or brown eggs. It will be interesting to see what colors of eggs we do get. I did not know that green eggs are desirable. Thanks for the information. I will try to post a picture of the 5 of them later.

You sound like me, When I decided to get chickens I bought a mixed package of brown egg layers, straight run, that ended up being 70% roosters, which did not matter because I planned to eat most of them. I never processed any of my hens, because I figured freezer camp was full. I knew I had some EE in the mix but for our own eggs I did not care.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got dark brown , light brown, olive, green and blue eggs and even one hen that lays a beautiful cream colored egg that is so perfect it could be porcelain. Now I am more worried about which bird to breed to which bird next year to get the best colors and not the best meat! I want more of those cream eggs, but I have no idea which hen is laying that egg!

You sound like me, When I decided to get chickens I bought a mixed package of brown egg layers, straight run, that ended up being 70% roosters, which did not matter because I planned to eat most of them. I never processed any of my hens, because I figured freezer camp was full. I knew I had some EE in the mix but for our own eggs I did not care.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got dark brown , light brown, olive, green and blue eggs and even one hen that lays a beautiful cream colored egg that is so perfect it could be porcelain. Now I am more worried about which bird to breed to which bird next year to get the best colors and not the best meat! I want more of those cream eggs, but I have no idea which hen is laying that egg!

Webcam in the coop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom