Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First welsummer egg! Been waiting thirty or more weeks! And it's bigger than my brown leghorns and easter eggers!

And my eegrs, froze and cracked it was below zero that morning. They look olive to me, two more are not laying yet, praying for blue ones. The one in the middle must
have hurt, double yolker from my brown leghorns, only one that size.

You sound like me, When I decided to get chickens I bought a mixed package of brown egg layers, straight run, that ended up being 70% roosters, which did not matter because I planned to eat most of them. I never processed any of my hens, because I figured freezer camp was full. I knew I had some EE in the mix but for our own eggs I did not care.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got dark brown , light brown, olive, green and blue eggs and even one hen that lays a beautiful cream colored egg that is so perfect it could be porcelain. Now I am more worried about which bird to breed to which bird next year to get the best colors and not the best meat! I want more of those cream eggs, but I have no idea which hen is laying that egg!
We need pics of your egg basket with all those pretty eggs.
pop.gif
Please!

We need pics of your egg basket with all those pretty eggs.
pop.gif
Please!

I used an IPhone and the color is not good, but this is a pink egg and the porcelain egg. should be more pink and whiter.

again the color is off, I am going to find an old camera and take pictures one of these days to get better color.

All the eggs pictures I have posted so far, I have more pictures of my eggs than my grandkids, weirdo that I am..

Last edited:
I get the camera thing, they are still beautiful. I'm jealous. I can see the pink and cream at top. Love the variety of color. Mine look like to last two, although when my Sebright lays I get a mini cream egg.

The cream egg is just a mishap, I have no chickens that are suppose to be able to lay cream eggs.... Someday I will find out which baby lays it.

Ah, so a paint booth mishap then?
wink.png
I get one that is half light brown and half med brown. So cool to see the process.

I would not call it a paint booth mishap because I get that color egg about 5-6 times a week. Only one a day though.

I think the hatchery screwed up or the feed store I bought them through did and I got a bird I should not have gotten.

I ordered a package of dual purpose brown egg layers....

Last edited:
@duluthralphie I have the same problem with my phone camera, colors just ain't the same as real life. But when I take video it turns out good!??
I think I'll have to break out the real camera also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom