Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 weeks exactly and my Silverlaced Wyandotte "Flo" laid her first egg today.
She laid it right where she roosts for the night so it was pretty nasty. I know a lot of people don't recommend rinsing the eggs off, but the poo was way too gross. Hopefully we can get them into their nesting boxes. Our other ladies should start laying any time too, this is the first egg from our entire flock
:woot

They will get the hang of laying in the boxes! With my big birds, i put a "fake" egg in their bed and the started laying their eggs there! I actually used an egg shaped rock but ive seen ppl on here use a ceramic egg just to show them where it's supposed to be! It's amazing how well it works! U can also use a real egg too but i never wanted to give up their eggs! Lol! & just to clarify the whole big birds laying in their bed..my "big birds" r flightless...a pekin duck & a CX chicken so the sleep together in their big bird hut and thats where they lay their eggs too! Hehe! The other chickens lay in their boxes!

We just got our first egg(s) today! I didn't check yesterday because after 32 weeks I gave up on these freeloaders...but my crested cream legbar pulled through and started laying these pretty olive colored eggs. Not blue, but I love them.

Love the olive colored ones! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom