Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Well, this moring I found a dead rat... It was missing it's head... Good barn cats
big_smile.png
(dang rats like to eat the chicken feed!) Looking around I also found 15 brown eggs... Looks like ole red was busy... get ready for the pictures!

Max

DSC05086.JPG

cats that kill rats!
---
DSC05092.JPG

scary egg laying area...
---
DSC05094.JPG

farm fresh!
DSC05098.JPG

I'd say they are large size...
DSC05097.JPG

still a little wet from washing... and the flash was weird...
DSC05061.JPG

feasting on pumpkin!
DSC05062.JPG

I call them, the 'crazy swarm'
DSC05071.JPG

that's some pretty birds if I do say so myself...
smile.png

DSC05073.JPG

This is my buddy Sam, looks like he has a little pumpkin on his face
tongue.png

hope you enjoyed the pictures... I of course have 100's more...

Max

I've learned something today...Check the coop every day! I only checked with the flashlight at night to see if they are all inside before I close. And once every 2 or 3 day's I check the nestbox. Last weekend de coop had been cleened so I thought lets' check how it looks today. And I found these 3 eggs! I tthink they are all Clara's eggs. The middle is the one from this morgen, it was still a little bit warm. She didn(t use the nestbox to lay, is there a way to teach her that?

november064wt0.jpg

Thanksgiving Day - got our first green/blue egg from one of our Easter Eggers. It really did seem like Easter instead of Thanksgiving finding that colored egg in the nest box. Starts the fun of gathering eggs all over again.

Thanksgivingblues.jpg

Hooray! from the north GA mountains. We have our first two eggs. I think they were laid by a RIR ( 22 weeks ) and a Dom ( 24 weeks ). The eggs were worth the waiting and delicious fried this morning for breakfast. Sort of small but beautifully formed and colored with thick shells. The yolks were dark orange and stood up so nicely in the white - really fresh like I've never seen from a store bought egg. Wow! I love my chickens but the eggs are a really great side benefit.
Firstegg022.jpg
efit.

Our first egg EVER!!!
big_smile.png

I just got the nest box built last week, and got a light w/ timer the week before. Until November 13th, they were still on the "pasture" (which is my yard). So, I wasn't sure if I'd get any eggs at all for awhile.

Anyway, I put a couple eggs from our fridge into the nest box about 4 days ago and presto! My Rhode Island Red (Production Red) laid an egg right where she was supposed to.
smile.png

The white eggs are all store-bought.

Just like I found it:
img_0240%20(Small).jpg

"Red", the chicken responsible (I believe):
img_0242%20(Small).jpg

Just for comparison:
img_0243%20(Small).jpg

Gee, which yolk didn't come from the store?
wink.png

img_0244%20(Small).jpg

Got our first one this morning! The surprise is that it was from my Jersey Giant cross. I would have thought that she'd be later to mature than the others, but I guess the "cross" part was enough! She's about 19.5 weeks old:

2091525648_c898570b54.jpg

And here it is next to the store bought egg:

2090744547_2bc819df0f.jpg

Well, I guess I didn't see this sticky note when I posted the early Christmas present string.

Here are our first three - gathered Sunday afternoon 12/16/07

DSC09102.jpg

Laid by these two
big_smile.png

dagirlsdressedforChristmas-notextco.jpg

Gonna have a great breakfast this morning!!
Brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom