Post your Hamburg Crosses!

bantyhen'sfriend

Songster
14 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Southern Wisconsin
My broody hen recently hatched out four SS Hamburg X Partridge Cochin Bantam chicks (mom was the Hamburg, dad was the Cochin), and I figured I'd wait and see the color they'd turn out to be. Well, I'm finding that I'm just to impatient, so post some pics of your beautiful Hamburg crosses! My chicks look like this:

DSCF1488.jpg

They are getting brown feathers with some sort of black pattern on them. I'd like to compare; birds can be any age in the pic, and tell what cross they are. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! I can only guess what your chicks will feather out as, but I'd guess brown red / partridge.
I had a SSH pair but never got around to hatching any of their eggs or any Xed eggs.
HOWEVER, I have SSH eggs in the 'bator that I have big plans for.
That's a pretty pattern on the hen(?) in the pic --- what's she?

smile.png

Lisa

She's a Partridge Cochin Bantam, out of the same batch as the rooster. She took it upon herself to hatch her "boyfriend's" eggs, lol! She's been a great mom, no pecking me or her babies. She even picks baby-sized bites off the treats I give them for the babies.
love.gif

The feathers coming in are brown of varying shades with black patterns on them, but the patterns are indistinct and look more like freckles than anything. There is one chick that looks like a rooster; it's comb is much wider that the other two with the same type of comb. I can't wait for the colors to come in! I'm too impatient!
barnie.gif
They need to grow up faster!

Back
Top Bottom