Post your oldies

Make sure you get the proper release permit from your G&F or DNR. Wildlife agencies take a dim view of people releasing animals into the wild without the proper permits.
I already have them, and the ones I need locally. It's literally just a matter of actually doing it.

She is! I hatched her out of a bourbon red and a royal palm
That would make her a Beautifull Red Bronze.
I have celadon quail (corturnix that lay blue eggs), and a single snowflake bobwhite hen
Fairly new to raising the Quail here so far been enjoying them.
I got rid of the chickens, because as it turns out I actually just like peafowl lol
They are quite well known for wandering off, and unfortunately it's very true.
I have been wanting to get a few for quite some time now, I can always picture them ranging the farm.

Take extra care to ensure that you do not imprint the ones that are to be released.
I know how to do it, have done it previously in small scale, and I had all the stuff to do so on the larger scale I wanted right before we had to redo everything to protect the peafowl due to HPAI last year. It's not an idle thought I slapped on BYC in passing lol

I have been wanting to get a few for quite some time now, I can always picture them ranging the farm.
You should give it a try! If you've got turkeys, you can always order some peafowl eggs and let the turkeys hatch them. Joslin raises peafowl babies for me almost every year, and I let her take them out free ranging because I trust her to keep them in the area, and they're not that different than turkey poults in their needs. The only downside is that peafowl will still follow mom learning from her until they're like Mature mature around 3 YEARS old (and at least mine continue to take interest in mom's next clutch of babies, and teach them things too), whereas Joslin is done being a mom around 3-6 MONTHS old lol

Back
Top Bottom