Potential shrink wrapped chick

Great to hear! I'm limited myself to the 7 egg incubator... otherwise I'd have way too many chickens around!
😃 just as you said the chick zipped and is running around in the incubator. There’s one chick left it’s pipped buts it’s pipped on the wrong side of the egg. Instead of the large end it’s decided to go for the pointy side. I’ve left it for now as it moving and seems to be trying to get out. I’ve read that chicks that pip on the pointy side can take longer to hatch. I’ve now got to sit patiently waiting for this one, the joys of hatching ☺️

😃 just as you said the chick zipped and is running around in the incubator. There’s one chick left it’s pipped buts it’s pipped on the wrong side of the egg. Instead of the large end it’s decided to go for the pointy side. I’ve left it for now as it moving and seems to be trying to get out. I’ve read that chicks that pip on the pointy side can take longer to hatch. I’ve now got to sit patiently waiting for this one, the joys of hatching ☺

My first Marans egg pipped at the small end and found its way out just fine! Sometimes malpositioned chicks need help out as they don't have enough room to turn and zip. But you're right that they can take a little longer because the pip would be both an internal and external pip. Hopefully all goes well - you can always check on the veins in the membrane after 24hrs have passed from initial pip. I think mine took about 30 hrs from pip to zip :)

My first Marans egg pipped at the small end and found its way out just fine! Sometimes malpositioned chicks need help out as they don't have enough room to turn and zip. But you're right that they can take a little longer because the pip would be both an internal and external pip. Hopefully all goes well - you can always check on the veins in the membrane after 24hrs have passed from initial pip. I think mine took about 30 hrs from pip to zip :)
Thanks you’ve been great at helping me today 😃

Back
Top Bottom