Potluck Silkies - Do you like surprises???

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TurtleFeathers, Aug 7, 2010.

1. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    PLEASE DO NOT CLICK BUY IT NOW OR THIS LISTING WILL CLOSE!!! I'd like this ad to stay up for a full week because my silkies seem to be "heat activated" and are laying up a storm!!!

ETA: I'm sorry, I just realized that I accidentally listed this as an auction and not a "buy it now" - please do not bid!!! Just PM me!!!

And here's the catch:

In order to save space while I'm not in "hatch mode", all my silkies have been living in the same pen for the last couple months. More specifically, they are NOT separated by color.

This pen includes 100% pure silkie roosters and hens from breeder/show quality stock, which are the following colors and/or patterns: partridge, blue partridge, grey (silver partridge), black, blue, splash, white, and black cuckoo. All are bearded except 1 grey hen, and 1 blue hen, who are non-bearded.

PLUS... There are also a few "project hens" living with my silkies at the moment:

3 Silkie/EE crosses - splash, blue, and grey (these girls look similar to flat feathered sizzles, but they lay blue eggs). See pics below.

1 blue partridge Silkie/WC khaki cuckoo bantam Polish cross - see pic below.

1 Silkie/frizzled barred cochin cross - see pic below.

So these eggs could produce QUITE a mixture of feather color and texture, and some hens may even wind up being blue or greenish egg layers down the road. And obviously, because of the various colors and the 5 "project hens", I cannot guarantee anything more than pet quality with chicks that result from these eggs! You may get lucky and hatch something special tho!!!

This BIN listing is for 8 eggs, plus extras (I typically send 12 total, more if I can), and shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states is included in the price. All eggs will be fresh and fertile when they are shipped, and I will pack them so that they are snug and insulated in their box - but I cannot be held responsible for their viability once they reach their destination, because of circumstances beyond my control after they leave my hands.

I can take orders for as long as anyone wants eggs - just send payment via Paypal to T[email protected] and PM me with your full name and address. I will ship eggs as they are collected, and in the order payment is received, starting on Monday, August 9th. I prefer to NOT to ship past Wednesday of any given week tho, unless you are in a hurry and you're willing to take the risk of them sitting in the post office over the weekend...

These are all the photos I have at the moment - some are from last year, some from this year. I will post more if time permits. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or PM me! Thanks so much for looking - happy hatching!

Black cuckoo silkie hen:

[​IMG]

Black silkie hen:

[​IMG]

White silkie pullet:

[​IMG]

Partridge silkie hen:

[​IMG]

Partridge & grey silkie chicks:

[​IMG]

Blue silkie cockerel:

[​IMG]

Grey silkie pullet (yes, I know, she's very pale):

[​IMG]

Black silkie hen:

[​IMG]

Blue partridge silkie rooster:

[​IMG]

Blue silkie x EE hen:

[​IMG]

Splash silkie x EE hen (on the left - ignore the rooster, as he has nothing to do with this ad):

[​IMG]

Blue partridge silkie x WC khaki cuckoo bantam Polish hen:

[​IMG]

Silkie x barred frizzled cochin hen:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. kayjuggler

kayjuggler Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi there. I just visited chickygirl2 today to pick up some chicks and your name came up and then here's your post! I'm a Southern Maryland chicken addict. Which side of the bay are you on? I like surprises and we raise chicks for fun first and eggs second. So, I was wondering about your location for a pick-up to avoid letting the post office put their hands on the eggs. I have so much more success with incubating eggs when I get them locally. [​IMG]

3. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote:THAT must be why my ears were burning yesterday!!! LOL! Great to meet you kayjuggler!!! I'm on your side of the Bay and I encourage pick ups whenever possible - I've taken a bunch of orders since putting up this ad, but I'll PM you and we can work something out, ok?

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Ummm, that white Silkie pullet has No foot feathers. [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh - Why Why why did I have to go look at the hatching eggs for sale! WHY WHY WHY?!?! [​IMG]
    Now you're gonna make me ask my mom to let me order these eggs! I want them so bad! Is shipping and handling included in the price?

6. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote:Ummm, no she doesn't. She originally came from show quality breeder stock tho, I can assure you - but like I said above, I can't guarantee anything but pet quality chicks from these eggs. But thanks for pointing that out. [​IMG]

7. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Oh - Why Why why did I have to go look at the hatching eggs for sale! WHY WHY WHY?!?! [​IMG]
    Now you're gonna make me ask my mom to let me order these eggs! I want them so bad! Is shipping and handling included in the price?

Yes, shipping and handling IS included in the price - I've received quite a few orders already, so at the rate I'm going, I won't be able to ship any to you til next week sometime. Let me know if your mom says yes!​

8. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Would you have any to ship on the 24th or 25th? My incubator is full already [​IMG].. [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yes, shipping and handling IS included in the price - I've received quite a few orders already, so at the rate I'm going, I won't be able to ship any to you til next week sometime. Let me know if your mom says yes!

She said No. [​IMG]
    I will add you to my buddy list so I can remember you when I can order hatching eggs!
    Thanks! [​IMG]

10. TurtleFeathers

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote:I just returned your PM - check your inbox! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by